Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R.I.P. Peter Jennings

• 08-08-2005 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

ABC News anchorman Peter Jennings died today from lung cancer. I always like his presenting style on "World News Tonight" which is shown on BBC News 24.
    He was one of the reporters present when JFK and LHO were shot too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

A sad lost for journalism.
    One of the more respected anchors, especially by European broadcasters and journalists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Turley

OFDM wrote:
    He was one of the reporters present when JFK and LHO were shot too.

As if we were told the truth about who killed JFK, and Jennings had been lying to the public ever since.

Within an hour of the assassination Oswald was proclaimed guilty and promptly murdered while in police custody. Conveniently dead no trial or evidence was necessary to prove the official "truth."

Almost 40 years later Jennings announced 19 men (also conveniently dead) were guilty mass murder. No trail and no evidence just typical American justice. Thank you Peter Jennings, mouthpiece of the authorities, for the "War on Terror."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I always liked his style of newscasting, far more congenial and less plastic than Tom Brokaw (NBC) and the recently retired, Dan Rather (CBS).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Turley wrote:
    As if we were told the truth about who killed JFK, and Jennings had been lying to the public ever since.

Within an hour of the assassination Oswald was proclaimed guilty and promptly murdered while in police custody. Conveniently dead no trial or evidence was necessary to prove the official "truth."

Almost 40 years later Jennings announced 19 men (also conveniently dead) were guilty mass murder. No trail and no evidence just typical American justice. Thank you Peter Jennings, mouthpiece of the authorities, for the "War on Terror."
    No surprises nearly all your posts are on the "Irish Skeptics" forum.
    At least have some respect here that we recognised the man and not his political view, or others he was forced to go with.
    Your post is not an acceptable tone on this thread in my opinion, as it was set up to pay respects to those who admired him - take it to your skeptics forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Turley, this thread is to pay respect to a much respected anchorman.
    If you have reason to believe that he failed in his job of bringing the public the news this is not the place to do so, and certainly not without something more solid than your tangent.
    boards.ie has a new Conspiracy Theories forum, make good use of it.

• Advertisement

Shamrok wrote:
    I always liked his style of newscasting, far more congenial and less plastic than Tom Brokaw (NBC) and the recently retired, Dan Rather (CBS).
    If a person is going to make a career as a professional propagandist and liar being likeable and congenial would be an asset. A sucessful con man must gain the public trust.

flogen wrote:
    Turley, this thread is to pay respect to a much respected anchorman.
    If you have reason to believe that he failed in his job of bringing the public the news this is not the place to do so...
    "Why does the truth call forth hatred? Why is Your servant treated as an enemy by those to whom he preaches the truth, if happiness is loved, which is simply joy in truth? Simply because truth is loved in such a way that those who love some other thing want it to be the truth, and, precisely because they do not wish to be deceived, are unwilling to be convinced that they are deceived."-Augustine

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

That's for that quote from the Tin Foil Hat Bible, I look forward to more of your pointless contributions whenever I decide to unban you.

Advertisement