Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is West Dublin the new Northside?

Options
  • 08-08-2005 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Anyone who was codded by all the glitz surrounding adverts for housing (indeed apartments/townhouses!) in the commuter belt really is an idiot. Remember the sales pitch about "just 30 minutes to Dublin", "all the benefits of living in the 'countryside'", "peace and tranquility". Some commuter land towns are so over-developed and crowded that west Dublin has become the new northside.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Well I'm from, and currently live in, the westside and I dont mind saying that there are huge tracts of the northside I'd waaaaaaaay prefer to live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Some commuter land towns are so over-developed and crowded that west Dublin has become the new northside.
    Do you just try to scare people about property? First off what do you mean the new "Northside"? Secondly what means over-developed to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

soma wrote:
    Well I'm from, and currently live in, the westside and I dont mind saying that there are huge tracts of the northside I'd waaaaaaaay prefer to live in.

Where are you living?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Yes...I have been saying this for years....this city is to big and diverse to be just Northside and Southside.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

what do u mean by west dublin being the new northside?

If it is to do with population well Tallaght has always been west Dublin..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"all the benefits of living in the 'countryside'",
    But Mullingar isn't in west Dublin.... :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

It seems that its within the commuter belt thus by extension assimmilated into "West Dublin" at least in the crazed minds of estate agents right now, frankly the property market is frightening at the moment imho.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement