Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop graphics drivers

Options
  • 08-08-2005 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Got a dell inspiron 9100 with a mobility 9700 gfx card. Can i just download and use the latest catalyst drivers or *should* i only use the ones off the dell website?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Suck it and see.

Afaik the Cats support anything from a Mobility M6 onwards, and I'm *fairly* certain the Mob9700 is supported.

Doodee runs Omegas on his Ferrari, which has a 9700 of some variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I've the same laptop with the same card. I've tried the catalyst drivers but I can't get them to work so I've only stuck with the dell website. To install the catalyst drivers I think you have to remove the current ati driver and put in the standard windows one and then install. According to the website the moblilities are supported though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

the cats dont do mobiles.

Try the omega's!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Omegas only my friend. Only the brand new x7/800 are supported on Cat 5.7 as far as i am aware.Ooopps forgot to ask do you hav the latest mobility drivers?

Nukem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

warning : it messes up the size of screen when in games

Only game i play on mine (insp 9100, ati 9700, UXGA) is Football Manager, and it took me ages to suss out how to make it not change the res when playing. Well hidden in some 'Advanced' tab on the gfx control panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Nukem wrote:
    Omegas only my friend. Only the brand new x7/800 are supported on Cat 5.7 as far as i am aware.Ooopps forgot to ask do you hav the latest mobility drivers?

Nukem

I'm fairly sure i do...unless there has been a release in the last couple of months. will check when i went home.
    One think i did notice the last time i put on the latest mobility drivers was a noticable degradation in performance in hl2. couldnt find the ones that were originally installed on the laptop on the dell site at all. think i posted about it in another thread but got no help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Scruff wrote:
    couldnt find the ones that were originally installed on the laptop on the dell site at all. think i posted about it in another thread but got no help :(
    Ah!!!!! Did you just try uninstall the driver and run the game normal?
    Then check www.ati.com and punch in 9700pro mobility and download a fresh driver.

Nukem

Advertisement