Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garden State now available for rent in Xtra-Vision..

• 08-08-2005 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

.. and about feckin' time too!

If you didn't catch in the cinemas.. give it a rent.

Fantastic film!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Looks good - thanks for tip - will rent tonight!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Not a poxy exclusive I hope. I swear they are infringing on my rights as a consumer not to rent from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Saw it for sale in HMV today too. €24 methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

musician wrote:
    Not a poxy exclusive I hope. I swear they are infringing on my rights as a consumer not to rent from them.
    Nope.. it's got all the extras.

Had a feeling it'd be out this week as i saw it in Zhivago in Galway over the weekend to buy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

Its worth going into even xtra vision for (if it is an exclusive that is) - great film

i hope its not exclusive to xtra vision, I try to avoid them as often as possible because of their constant price hikes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I purposely avoid them. I owe them money :) In fairness though I disputed it, paid half and never went back so the exclusives really annoy me. As consumers (and xtra vision haters) we deserve choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Its worth going into even xtra vision for (if it is an exclusive that is) - great film

i hope its not exclusive to xtra vision, I try to avoid them as often as possible because of their constant price hikes
    It's not exlusive, it's just damn expensive so they seem to be the only ones who have bought it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

It's a seriously overrated film, at least by boards.ie denizens.

The individual scenes are nicely written but put together the film doesn't amount to anything. It's a shame as it's certainly a well made film.

Braff knows how to direct but he should direct someone else's script next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Saw it yesterday and was very impressed - great visuals, soundtrack and dialogue, convincing characters and love story and the overall story I found interesting too! Viva Zach Braff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

A fantastic movie. I seen it a month or so before it came out over here. I then went and seen it in UGC. both times I was very impressed with it. Highly recomend it to people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The individual scenes are nicely written but put together the film doesn't amount to anything. It's a shame as it's certainly a well made film.

It's a slice of life kind of film. It really wasn't trying to put a message across it was more about one man's rediscovery of life and emotion.

I liked it a lot because I could relate to it a lot when I saw it first in the cinema. Was one of those, "I'm seeing my week so far up on screen and it's scaring me" type moments.

Thus I'm horribly biased.

But I would say that it is quite a good film, well written (as you said) and didn't suffer from being forced into having a "meaning" or trying to get an important moral message across. It was a slice of life. Nothing more, nothing less.

If anything I liked it because it was plausable as a week in the life of a person rather than being the usual "Hollywood version of reality". If you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

...and heres me starting up my pc to buy it online, money spent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

If I remember correctly, I liked the first half, and hated the second half.
    It crossed the line, the line you dont cross when you are making a romance movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

nadir wrote:
    It crossed the line, the line you dont cross when you are making a romance movie.

Eh, romance movie?

Um no. It was a movie with a romance in it, big difference :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Oo, dunno about that, I kinda took a different view of it at time.
    edit: but thena gain it's been a while since i saw it so. could be talking ****, I do remember being unimpressed though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Sweet! Laser are all out tonight and now you've made me wanna see it again. Don't think I could happily part cash in Xtravision for it though. I think I'd rather wait.

Argh... €25 in Xtravision, any other prices? HMV perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

decent enough flick slightly disappointed when i saw it though

Bought my copy in Xtravision... worth it for the extra's, the deleted scenes were great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

It's well worth the €24 in HMV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

Franky Boy wrote:
    It's well worth the €24 in HMV.

to be honest there are very few DVDs worth €24/€25 euros, they're horribly overpriced......but thats another discussion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yep, it is seriously overrated, AgentOrange has got it right - 3/3.5 stars at best.

Advertisement