Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless BB in Limerick City??

• 08-08-2005 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Does anyone know why Limerick city is so badly served for residential wireless BB products?? Or am I missing something?!

- I rent a house with no landline phone: so wired BB isn't an option.
    - My cable TV operator, Chorus, estimate it'll be another 6-12 months before they offer BB through cable in Limerick. Given their track record with product innovation: I would read this as 12 months plus.
    - Irish Broadband advertise Ripwave coverage for Limk city: but in effect you need to be within 2km line-of-sight of their high-site (Clarion Hotel). And I'm not. :(

What other options do I have ??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

campers wrote:
    Does anyone know why Limerick city is so badly served for residential wireless BB products?? Or am I missing something?!

- I rent a house with no landline phone: so wired BB isn't an option.
    - My cable TV operator, Chorus, estimate it'll be another 6-12 months before they offer BB through cable in Limerick. Given their track record with product innovation: I would read this as 12 months plus.
    - Irish Broadband advertise Ripwave coverage for Limk city: but in effect you need to be within 2km line-of-sight of their high-site (Clarion Hotel). And I'm not. :(

What other options do I have ??? :confused:

Irish Broadand have a Breeze product too ! its available too in Limerick.

https://www.irishbroadband.ie/htmdocs/coverage_maps/coverage_maps.htm

Advertisement