Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40K fiction

Options
  • 08-08-2005 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

looking for a novel dealing with the fiction of the whole 40k universe, ie stuff to do with the emperor & chaos style stuff, not just following commander x into a huge battle against Y (i dont mind that i just want something with a bit more depth)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

wtf does that mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Umm.....it means he's looking for a "space opera" style Warhammer 40K novel - one that deals with the politics etc. of the universe, and not just constant brain dead action.

I thought that was pretty clear tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

exactly like Branoic said, i like the mythos of 40 k but i just dont want all gung ho action

any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Have you tried the Gaunt's Ghosts series? There is a degree off political jiggerypokery in there, although there's still quite a bit of fighting in there.

You have a good point though, I'd very much like to see some 40K novels that didn't entirely focus on battles. But of course, 40K being popular mostly with teenagers, and Games Workshop being the big business-savy corporation type monstrosity it is, I don't hold much hope for anything besides a high bodycount and big explosions.

Bloody kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Try the Inquisition War by Ian Watson,
    a very entertaining trilogy that goes into the nature of the emperor and chaos.
    I read it when in hospital recently - so copious amounts of morphine may have affected my judgement suffice to say the last half really gains something from being read post surgery when full of painkillers, lead to some very interesting dreams / visions!

• Advertisement
Advertisement