Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony UK/Europe against Lik-Sang

• 08-08-2005 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like Sony UK and Sony Computer are taking Lik-sang.com and their holding group to court due to them shipping PSP's into the UK and Europe in an effect to stop them doing so. I'm not exactly sure how they plan to do this as under Hong Kong law lik-sang are operating totally within their right.

There's a full press release right over here: http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3666

For anyone who is thinking of ordering dont worry:
    Daily business is unaffected by this lawsuit. Customers in the UK and elsewhere don't have to worry about negative side effects or disruption of service. Shipping, Customer Support and Order Processing are fully operational and Lik-Sang.com remains open as usual. The sites news section will be updated as soon as the situation evolves.

Seeing as though Sony dont have a leg to stand on in Hong Kong law's under this I hope that lik-sang.com pull through. I dont really see how trying to stop it now less then a month before the release is going to make any significant change.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Russell_Sprout

Sony Europe are **** anyway.They brought it onto themselves, if they had released the psp a month or two after the US release they wouldnt need to take legal action.

Pathetic attempt from sony europe,an act of desperation on their part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

While I understand Sony wanting to keep the PSP to themselves before the launch, there isn't really much point in doing so now is there? (Like you said Winters). Seems like a whole lot of hassle over nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I think it all is quite pathetic if you ask me.
    So many people have already bought one that it really wont make much of a difference if lik-sang are within hongkong law.

Anyone hear about Mr.Calculator he got ****ed over by Sony because he was welling them before the launch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Franky Boy wrote:
    I think it all is quite pathetic if you ask me.
    So many people have already bought one that it really wont make much of a difference if lik-sang are within hongkong law.

Anyone hear about Mr.Calculator he got ****ed over by Sony because he was welling them before the launch!

Deserved it though. €500 for a value pack ffs.

It was €370.
    The guy is a class 'A' dick!
    Although I thought it was quite funny watching people who had no notion that there were wesites selling for like €150 cheaper.

No offence to anyone who supported Mr. wanker.

• Advertisement

I saw an update on the case.it looks really interesting but it looks like Sony will lose.

Advertisement