Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarms

• 08-08-2005 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Anyone know the engineering code for one of these burglar alarms?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mattb

You might find this thread useful - different make of Alarm, but the principle's the same:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98120&highlight=astec

The genral concensus BTW, to save you some reading is: it could be anything - depends what it was set to; and only the company that installed it can tell you what it is (having changed it to something other than what they use everywhere else).

Matt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

why do you need the eng code. Is it giving trouble?

1174 by the way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Astec systems show a 2digit code & "call Engineer" if there is any sort of fault..If this is happening post the number and i'll tell you what its refering to..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Raville

Morning all,

I have Astec alarm and the outside bell is beginning to have a mind of it's own. The alarm is installed 5 years now and we never had a problem. The outside bell just goes off now at random times, with no consistency. It could go off now and not go off again for a few days/week. Fault code 22 appears on inside panel, but alarm wont terminate if i put in code or try to reset, etc.

Any ideas people ? i do not know the engineer code and the installer is no longer answering their phones....possibly out of business confused.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It could be a number of things. It could be a faulty outside bell, it could be a fault on the cable going out to the bell. Another thing it could be is a battery problem as it brings down the bell when it gets low. Has the battery indicator been displayed on the keypad?

• Advertisement

No Fred, battery alarm symbol not on keypad display inside. Fault code 22 - call engineer is displayed. Gave me bell fault msg at one point also.

I did these checks. Took fuse out of panel inside house. Went outside with ladder and took bell out from box on wall. There was a bird nest inside of it with a few eggs unfortunately ! Cleaned it out and checked all connections - bell stopped ringing after a few minutes !

Put fuse back in on the control panel inside the house and put bell back up on wall outside.

Cleared fault inside on keypad display and set alarm. Inside alarm went off, but now outside bell does not work ! Put code in again and it shut off interior alarm. Fault 22 - call engineer is still being displayed.

Will it all reset itself in a while if left alone, or should i do something else. I never touched the interior control panel, except take fuse out before i went messing with box outside !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Sounds like the problem is up at the bell itself. What to do is take the bell down and wire it directly into the panel with a few feet of cable. This will tell you if it's a cable problem or the bell. Wire it in by itself and not with the internal.
    If the bell works you then know it's a cable problem and if it doesn't then you know it's the bell.

Raville wrote: »
    Morning all,

I have Astec alarm and the outside bell is beginning to have a mind of it's own. The alarm is installed 5 years now and we never had a problem. The outside bell just goes off now at random times, with no consistency. It could go off now and not go off again for a few days/week. Fault code 22 appears on inside panel, but alarm wont terminate if i put in code or try to reset, etc.

Any ideas people ? i do not know the engineer code and the installer is no longer answering their phones....possibly out of business confused.gif

Are u sure its fault code 22? Is it not 0002 or 2 bell fault?

Actually I've just remembered. That fault code basically means that either a sounder or smoke dedector has been disconnected from the system. The Astec bell box may not be back on it's base properly. Check the two small gold coloured pins and make sure they are straight and connecting to the clear base which is attached to the wall (I'm assuming that your Bell box is an Astec standard box. Let me know how you get on.

Hi Fred and bbability,

Yep. Its fault code 22 alright. Will check smoke detectors though. I think i put box back up on wall correctly, bell has stayed off since i cleaned it out and discarded that nest. Code fault still on display, but will try clear it by following advice given earlier.

Will do what u said Fred and il get back to you all. At least it might help somebody else in the future.

Tanx for help lads,

• Advertisement
Advertisement