Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messed Up N-Gage

• 08-08-2005 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭

I've had my n-gage for a year now, well, when i say that, it stopped working in feburary so i sent it away to be repaired and eventually i was sent a new phone, about 3 MONTHS later by nokia. Despite its poor quality, i'm not here to complain abount nokias customer care.

Ever since i got my phone back, when i go to turn it on It brings up the message "Device Startup failed, contact the retailer", without even prompting me for the pin. Just before i get this message, another message flashes briefly up on the screen "App CLosed: Main", when i restart my phone, it seems to work though.

I was just wondering if there's anything that can be done about this problem, and i've known several friends who its happened to. Is it an intrinsic flaw in the phone? Ive got the latest Symbian firmware installed currently.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

take out the memory card if you have one, i think thats caused by the phone memory being full though. were u messing around with any of the files trying to free up any room or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I didin't really do much messing with the phone and the internal memory definitely isn't full. I was using Fexplorer to install some Java games and the like bu no major fiddling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

What you may have is a large MP3 stored on the phone memory as previously stated Fe-Explorer can be used to kill this.

Otherwise a Hard Reset and if it is in warranty a firmware upgrade from a nokia service centre, otherwise it will cost €25 to do there.

I had the same error with my old N-Gage and it was an MP3 I loaded but into the phone memory and not the MMC Card.

Advertisement