Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mk1 Golf GTI stolen, Dublin 7

Options
  • 08-08-2005 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

My brother's GTI was stolen last Friday night (early Sat Morning) from outside his house, near the Navan Road (Blackhorse Ave area).

If any of the members here see it, can they let the Gardai (or me, by PM) know where they saw it.

1983 Lhasa Green GTI w/steel sunroof - reg no. MSI 426
    G60 engine, loud stainless steel exhaust
    15" steel rims from Golf G60
    Driver's seat black leather and suede Recaro from Golf Rallye, passenger seat original GTI item, no rear seats fitted
    No GTI wheel arch trims or side stripes
    Rear tailgate de-badged and de-locked, but has nasty dent from heavy item falling on it, near the wiper

He's had it since 1991, so it's of sentimental value too, hence the €400 reward for its safe recovery... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Hope your brother gets it back mate.

If i spot a mk1 gti round cavan ill notify you and the gards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Very unusual car. I expect it will turn up. Mrk1 with a G60 engine!!! Where did he get the G60 parts from? A Corrado I assume. How do you insure a mod like that? Love an Original Golf G60 myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Sounds like someone had their eye on that motor.... I'll keep an eye out........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Just bumping this up for another day or two...

It's been almost a week now, and no sign of it, so we reckon that it was taken for parts, so please keep an eye out for Golf Mk1 body/suspension parts and G60 engine parts coming up, and let me know (we'd recognise any individual part of the car).

Here's a recent photo:

MSI426copy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

That motor is a beaut. PM me your number and i'll keep an eye out, wouldnt feckin suprise me if it ended up in the estate beside me, notorious mo-****az.
    Betcha whoever robbed it thought it was a standard golf. Probably got some scare (or otherwise) when they floored it.
    Shame man, honestly, absolute minter of a car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Just read up on the G60 engine.....210bhp! :eek: That thing must be a rocket seein as it is so light!
    Either way I'll keep an eye out 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Yup, I drive around all day long will keep an eye out. Hope you get it back.

Advertisement