Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-tv recieving monitor.

Options
  • 08-08-2005 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

I don't watch tv yet I have a few consoles, I was wondering if it is possible to get some kind of monitor, not a tv, that you could connect, say an xbox, to without having to pay a tv liscense? Or even a way to use a computer screen.

Thanbks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

You could get a video input card, (usually for video editing) and then play through your PC. Make sure there is no RF input on it (otherwise you would be liable for tv Licence. Some High end monitors do have composite/Svideo inputs, thats another option

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You could just buy a tv and break the pin off the RF input, or remove the attached Aerial, it's only Epuipment capable of receiving a signal.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

My panasonic Plasma 42 " is available in 32 and 50"
    It arrives as a display with a built in VGA D9 connection, then you can buy tv tuner cards or comp video cards RGB cards etc. But as new its a big monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Lump wrote:
    You could just buy a tv and break the pin off the RF input, or remove the attached Aerial, it's only Epuipment capable of receiving a signal.

John

If it's capable of tuning in a broadcasted signal it's liable for a TV license. Breaking of the input doesn't stop it from tuning in. Besides he most likely has a radio tuner somewhere in the house that's liable anyway.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Meh, there's lots of ways to avoid it.

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement