Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online FM Game Problem - help needed!

• 08-08-2005 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and a mate are trying to start up a network game, as we're both fairly used to the game itself but havent ever played it online before.

Basically, the trouble is that when I act as server and he joins, he keeps being sent back to the server screen when he tries to enter his details. When he tries to act as server, he is given two IP adresses in the Game Status screen, neither of which I am able to access.

We have bothed switched our firewalls off and have run out of variations to use to attempt to get the game running.

If anyone has had a similar problem or has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Cheers,
    JoeSoap.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Need to open ports on the firewall. Not sure which exactly, Google will tell you.

As for the 2 ips, one is the ip of the machine on the local network (192.xxx.x.x... usually), and the other is the worldwide internet ip (use this one).

//edit; just noticed the firewall is turned off. If using broadband, chek your routers, they often have their own mini-firewalls acting as well as whatever you may run on your pc. Find out what ort to open and allow it through in the router aswell.

//edit2; another key point - MAKE SURE YOU ARE BOTH RUNNING THE EXACT SAME VERSION (i.e: 5.0 5.0.1 5.0.3 etc)!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

when i play online with my friend, id start the game and run as server, then get the ip in game status when it was set up and sent it to him and he typed it in.it worked for us no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    If using broadband, chek your routers, they often have their own mini-firewalls acting as well as whatever you may run on your pc. Find out what ort to open and allow it through in the router aswell.

Cheers, that sounds like the most likely problem. I'll try that later.

But off to Tolka Park for now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Cheers, that sounds like the most likely problem. I'll try that later.

But off to Tolka Park for now!
    Might see ya there! ;) Haha. Off for the bus in 5 minutes, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    //edit; just noticed the firewall is turned off. If using broadband, chek your routers, they often have their own mini-firewalls acting as well as whatever you may run on your pc. Find out what ort to open and allow it through in the router aswell.

By router I assume you meant for a wireless connection? (Sorry I'm not big on these types of things). Neither of us are actually using wireless connections, so there should be no firewall problems once we have both got them switched off. Just annoying because I'm dying to try it out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement