Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Sinn Féin ever confirm a direct link with the IRA?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Do you know anything about the north at all? What kinda of statement would you like and how would it help you outside of your insulted intelligence of course?

Everyone knows they are linked but:
    are they one and the same? - no
    does sf control the Ira? - no

I dont understand what this thread is about other than for the anti-republicans to blast out their never ending positive contribution to discussions on the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

Do you know anything about the north at all? What kinda of statement would you like and how would it help you outside of your insulted intelligence of course?

Everyone knows they are linked but:
    are they one and the same? - no
    does sf control the Ira? - no

I dont understand what this thread is about other than for the anti-republicans to blast out their never ending positive contribution to discussions on the north.

If you're asking me, as it's my thread;
    I never said I wanted any sort of statement. All I asked was a general question about whether or not people think Sinn Féin WOULD admit to a direct link. That's all, nothing more, nothing less.
    I even specifically asked that the thread wouldn't become a SF-bashing one.

No need to get so paranoid and defensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

rsynnott wrote:
    It gets capitals now?

Does it really matter?
    As I said in my original post, I didn't want this to become a Sinn Féin bashing thread.
    I could just as easily (and probaly normally would in fact) have typed something cynical like "Armed Struggle (sic)", but I didn't because I didn't want to be accused myself of "SF bashing".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭catholicireland

To constantly focus on one side of the troubles is wrong and bias. We also need to remember that the IRA was born out of the oppression of a people. The people who effectively created this orgainsation by their oppression have some blame to be accountable for too.

To constantly focus on one side of the troubles is wrong and bias. We also need to remember that the IRA was born out of the oppression of a people. The people who effectively created this orgainsation by their oppression have some blame to be accountable for too.
    Care to elaborate on that sweeping statement by perhaps explaining what bombing pubs,killing children and maiming literally 1000's throughout the 1980's and early 90's had to do with ending the oppression of a people?
    Care to give us some evidence of the support this had?

Or going on your user name perhaps you'll find some compatability with catholicism with it?
    What were the popes views on all this mahem?

• Advertisement
Advertisement