Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

here come's the band

Options
  • 08-08-2005 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

is anyone else REeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally looking forward to the pixes i mean REeeeeeeeeeeeeeally! cause i certainly am :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭QM79

And so you should! I saw them last year when they supported the RHCP and I think the performed much better than the Peppers. One of the best highlights of last summer, well them and Supergrass at Marley Park. Wonder what this summer's highlights will be? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

oh god yes!
    It will rock my little socks off!! I do like the sound of the support bands this time round, but ill just be saving myself for the main act.
    Last year was an amazing experience, I came out sunburt, dehydrated, exhausted and with no voice left but by god it was worth it! didnt even care bout the chillies after...
    Meantime im catching up on all my pixies records..(including my tribute to pixies cd - nada surf do a mean where is my mind)
    anyway. cant wait. YAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Do the Pixies have a tune that starts off with a really funky bass line(not Gigantic), has a lady singing and then rocks out in the chorus? I always used to hear it in the Hub but never found out the name!!!!

could be the breeders - cannonball.
    kim deal is the bassist in both bands. and shes the one singing in that song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Unsuprisingly spot on Smurf, thansk a million. Legend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

scarfacemj wrote:
    Do the Pixies have a tune that starts off with a really funky bass line(not Gigantic), has a lady singing and then rocks out in the chorus? I always used to hear it in the Hub but never found out the name!!!!

Could be Into The White

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

Smurfpiss wrote:

including my tribute to pixies cd - nada surf do a mean where is my mind
    anyway. cant wait. YAY!
    Isn't that corver just deadly I heard it ages ago and thought wooh!
    Oh I'm living for the Pixies and KOL supporting them. It's gonna be the best gig of the year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Best gig ever!!! Well it will be!! Two of my favourite bands in one place!! WOOOYEAH!!!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire_bear

Sweetness! wrote:
    Isn't that corver just deadly I heard it ages ago and thought wooh!
    Oh I'm living for the Pixies and KOL supporting them. It's gonna be the best gig of the year :D
    my sentiments exactly last rocked i live to see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Best band in my humble humble opinion and thats really the only opinion that matters is the pixies.
    My favourite cover of the pixies is reel big fish's version of gigantic ..there's a song you can dance too

• Advertisement

howie!
    that cover is horrid!
    well ok at least its uh.... different. but they totally knacker it up.
    but each to their own! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

placebos cover of where is my mind is better than nada surfs!

Personally im looking more forward to the Kings Of Leon, cant wait for the bucket and red morning light!!

Cant wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I've got my half day booked from work. I can't wait. It should be seriously badass. Seeing them last summer was soooooo cool. I remember when they started into 'Bone Machine', I remember thinking that I hadn't planned on rocking out THAT hard! Soooo much fun! It was even worth having to go back into the centre of the pit (we had armbands) for the secong half of the Thrills.
    Weezer the next day as well. Shame about the new stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

missed them last year (dagnammit exams, feckers..) and really cant afford tickets this time. thus i hope to win some. with the aid of the ever generous phantom. Christ. it has to work. and KOL aswell. the hold high positions in my esteem..
    okay. it'll be grand. i'll see ye there.
    and the frames doin debaser is the best pixies cover.

butterfly wrote:
    and the frames doin debaser is the best pixies cover.

definately up there i'd have to agree. sponge off your parents man, its worth your while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Smurfpiss
    howie!
    that cover is horrid!

I thought that first time i heard it too but after a few listens i really got into it.
    the frames version of debaser is alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

so i got my tickets earlier today, and now i'm giddy as ****, this is gonna be amazing..
    if the girl in the sleepin bag queueing for pit passes is asleep when ya get there, wake her up, will ye?

Advertisement