Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

reformating iPod mini

• 08-08-2005 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭

hows it going, i recently got a new laptop and upon setting up my software for my iPod mini on it, the installation program gave me the following message:

"this iPod needs to be reformatted for use on your PC. click on the update button below to run the iPod updater application that will allow you to reformat or restore your iPod"

am i right in thinking that by doing this the music that is on it will be wiped?
    anybody have any experience with this??
    help very much appreciated,

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yep anything on the iPod will be erased...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

why is this? surely they could allow for some households having a desktop and a laptop, or even two of any type of computer????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

yeah but the problem is i forgot to mention my old computer was a mac, and the only method i can find involves buying expensive software - is there no other way to do this? i.e. back up my music from a mac formatted one to a pc? so as i can re format it then? i should have bought a creative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Do you not have a copy of the music somewhere else? On the old Mac for instance. Copy it on to CD, or external HD then to the PC. Shouldn't matter whats on the iPod. Its all coming from a PC/Mac somewhere. How else did you get it on there?

• Advertisement

yeah i do but its just the effort of having to transfer it on again, just becauseim formatting it for the pc now means it all gets wiped off the player, just wondering if there was an easier way, but obviously not.
    this apples a bit of a granny smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

yeah i do but its just the effort of having to transfer it on again, just becauseim formatting it for the pc now means it all gets wiped off the player, just wondering if there was an easier way, but obviously not.
    this apples a bit of a granny smith

I moved about 100GB of data this evening from one drive to another. Only took about an hour or so via USB. Your iPod wouldn't take that long.

Advertisement