Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon is anime selling out!

Options
  • 08-08-2005 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Pokémon is anime selling out who here agrees?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Care to develop your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭De Mad Yoke

Come on its real consumerism and materialism in the end, the show is a big advertisement for the product like the old GI Joe cartoons. Then everyone picked up on it eg Beyblades, Medabots, YugiOh AAAAAAAARGGH!!!!

Kamakazi watermelon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Is the growth of animé through Pokémon necessarily a bad thing though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭De Mad Yoke

AHHH! Anime scares me mostly....
    Who likes wayne's world?
    I do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Manga-paddy

Waynes world, one of the most quotable films ever (not number 1 but its up there somewhere).
    Never liked pokémon to begin with, it's too ''and the moral of the story is be kind to everyone!'' for me.

I always wondered if any pokémon killed and ate each other in the wild. Kinda dark thought but I mean it's nature. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Pokemon is still going.. god ¬_¬

I find that it is good that it is got such a fan base, who will be more open to anime, but it really has given alot of people the idea "anime = pokemon" -_-;

I've just started watching though the Digimon X-Evolution movie and - wow [00] It is the 8th Digimon movie, but aired on Fuji TV toward the beginning of January, 2005. Unlike the other films, this one features only Digimon, not humans and is rather dark as the digimon kill each other off.

Beautiful CG - and while Im only a half hour into it I may start watching some of the series now ^_^;

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

wtf are you talking about you fool. how can anime sell out? it isnt a person. if someone chooses to create an animated pokemon thingy then that's their choice,. grow up. just dont watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

evad_lhorg wrote:
    wtf are you talking about you fool. how can anime sell out? it isnt a person. if someone chooses to create an animated pokemon thingy then that's their choice,. grow up. just dont watch it.

yeah totally.

'De Mad Yoke' You seem to have some preconceived idea of what anime is.
    would you care to share your thoughts with us on how animation should be and shouldn't be

Baaaaaaaaaaaka !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If you want "selling out", watch the latter half of Gundam SEED Destiny.
    They whore every last MS from the UC era. Badly. :mad:

Will finish it, burn it, then delete it & try to forget it, methinks.

As for Pokemon, it's crap. The animé is teh suXorz.
    Although the new Pokemon Chronicles series is doing a little to alleviate (no Ash-focus, humour, slightly experimental design), it's still just a b*stard's marketing tool.
    I'm still left reeling wondering why, as the games are one of the best RPG series ever created. No saving the world from evil, no politics; just me, my rival, and ambition to be the best & catch 'em all!! :cool: Now make me a proper, ONLINE console version, Nintendo, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

My kids love it they are 6 and 4 nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Yes, pokémon is a childrens tv show, I really wouldn't get too worked up over it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement