Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Trilogies game

• 08-08-2005 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

I was reading a dvd magazine today and someone wrote in with an idea for a game; basically, you have to think up as many actors as you can who have been in two trilogies (or more, if there are any). However, the actor has to have featured in each movie of the trilogies.
    Just in case you need an example:Sylvester Stallone has been in the entire Rocky and Rambo Trilogies

If you can't think of any, the magazine editor replied with a few:
    Antonio Banderas in Spy Kids and El Mariachi trilogies
    Clint Eastwood in Dollars and Dirty Harry trilogies
    Marc McClure in Superman and Back to the Future
    Warwick Davis in Leprechaun and Harry Potter trilogies
    Anthony Daniels in both Star Wars trilogies
    Talia Shire in Rocky and The Godfather trilogies
    Harrison Ford in the Indiana Jones and Star Wars trilogies

To be honest, after reading them I can't think of anymore at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hmm... Well not strictly adhering to the rules, but I have an interesting one. Bruce Spence. He was in the 3rd film of The Lord Of The Rings trilogy, The Matrix trilogy, the new Star Wars trilogy, and the Mad Max trilogy (aswell as the 2nd part).

Definetly has to stand as being in the most Trilogies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

hugo weaving in the Matrix and Lord of the Rings trilogies
    Christopher Lee in new Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings triogies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

sir ian mckellan was in the lord of the rings trilogy and the soon to be x men trilogy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

I was reading a dvd magazine today and someone wrote in with an idea for a game; basically, you have to think up as many actors as you can who have been in two trilogies (or more, if there are any). However, the actor has to have featured in each movie of the trilogies.
    Just in case you need an example:Sylvester Stallone has been in the entire Rocky and Rambo Trilogies

If you can't think of any, the magazine editor replied with a few:
    Antonio Banderas in Spy Kids and El Mariachi trilogies
    Clint Eastwood in Dollars and Dirty Harry trilogies
    Marc McClure in Superman and Back to the Future
    Warwick Davis in Leprechaun and Harry Potter trilogies
    Anthony Daniels in both Star Wars trilogies
    Talia Shire in Rocky and The Godfather trilogies
    Harrison Ford in the Indiana Jones and Star Wars trilogies

To be honest, after reading them I can't think of anymore at the moment.

by your rules the antonio banderas one is wrong, he wasnt in El Maraichi

sorry, ill get my coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Um....

Bruce Campbell in Evil Dead and Maniac Cop? Although I dont think Bruce was actually in Maniac Cop III....ah well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Mel Gibson in Mad Max and Lethel Weapons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

Um....

Bruce Campbell in Evil Dead and Maniac Cop? Although I dont think Bruce was actually in Maniac Cop III....ah well...

soon to be in the third of the spiderman trilogy is our brucie

and yeah i was going to post that about antonio bandyarse too, i dont think he was in the first one

Buck Owens wrote:

Don't forget the old Dracula films either, although there are 8 of those! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

madrab wrote:
    by your rules the antonio banderas one is wrong, he wasnt in El Maraichi

sorry, ill get my coat
    Really? I haven't seen the first one, I was just going by what the editor had written. I just assumed he was, being kinda the central figure of Desperado/Once Upon A Time In Mexico.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Really? I haven't seen the first one, I was just going by what the editor had written. I just assumed he was, being kinda the central figure of Desperado/Once Upon A Time In Mexico.

Unfortunately, no. They had the budget equivilent to a tin of beans for El Mariachi. I believe it was something like a mere $2,000?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

I was thinking the same about Banderas.
    Buck Owens wrote:

But good ol' Christopher wasn't in Episode 1, was he? My brain has done its best to block out that terrible film but I'm sure he was only in Episodes 2 and 3. And he was only in the Extended Edition of Return of the King, he wasn't in the cinema release... dunno if that's against the rules :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Don't forget the old Dracula films either, although there are 8 of those! :eek:
    And the Fu Manchu films.

ObeyGiant wrote:
    And the Fu Manchu films.

Oh of course. D'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Marc McClure wasn't in BTTF2 or 3 iirc.

//

How about FrankOz? He's been 'in' 5 starwars movies 6 muppet movies

Advertisement