Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools Rugby

Options
  • 08-08-2005 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

just wondering who are the teams to watch out for this year in the Senior Cup,from what I know Templeogue are going to surprise a lot of people,because they've got good players this year while also the Carlilse gym has opened nearby and just about all the players are going regularly and taking creatine and stuff too,the usuals will be strong(Rock,Belvo)and of course Terenure are gonna be strong too with me playing of course :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Rock I suppose. They're who I'd say will win or at least get to the later stages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Gick

iI don't think so,the had some great players this year (Power,0'Reilly)and they still didn't win they will have Luke Fitzgerald tthough he's nearly as amazing as me

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think Pres Bray honestly have a chance as this year they have the same team that got to the junior cup final 2 years ago.

yeah Pres Bray,I played against that team myself they are very good,this was at Junior level two years ago they might not be as strong now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Cremo wrote:
    i think Pres Bray honestly have a chance as this year they have the same team that got to the junior cup final 2 years ago.
    i seriously doubt that :p
    from what i heard, rock are gonna be good

• Advertisement

I think Rock don't have any stand-out players this year though,apart from Fitz of course,is Artemiev gonna be playing or what?I heard he moved back to Russia,I was offered a place in Rock because of my ability on the pitch but I politely refused

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

Gick wrote:
    I think Rock don't have any stand-out players this year though,apart from Fitz of course,is Artemiev gonna be playing or what?I heard he moved back to Russia,I was offered a place in Rock because of my ability on the pitch but I politely refused

HAHAHAHAHA..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Rock, roysh

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Rock usually have a strong team. Fitzgerald is a pretty good player.
    Belvo have Cian Healy from last year's team and he's a deadly player, Eoin O'Carroll will be back as well and he got good reviews last year.

I didn't know cian healy was only a fifth year,I read an article about him in the Rugby World magazine the other day,says he has a career in the shotput or something aswell,Rock will also have Ian Madigan i forgot to mention,he played on the S last year while only being in fourth year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yep Cian Healy has a year left. He was benching in the 100's in 4th year. He's ridiculous. I'm not really sure how its going to go this year, I don't see Michaels as having that good of a team, Rock have Fitzgerald but people like Cian Culleton, Power & O'Reilly are gonzo. I'd love to see a smaller school like Tempelogue or Pres Bray come into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

michaels will have a ****e team this year

There's a winger in our school goin into 6th year who's benching 120!

Whats he on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

there were 5 lads on my years SCT and they were benching in the 150s, but they were the worst players on the team, strength isnt the be and end all of a player, and also just because a person can bench a moderately heavy weight doesnt mean they are all around strong, benching isnt everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Im guessing were talking about Kilo's here? I play winger for my school (4th year) and can currently lift 250 pounds. I have no idea what that is in Kilo's? But as mentioned Strength isnt everything.

Apparently rock poached some player from another school, I forget his name. This year they'll have 3 or 4 Ireland schools players on the backline alone, so they're looking pretty strong

Rock are always poaching players,do u know what school this guy was in?Rock have been trying t poach yours truly for 2 years now and have only met failure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Ill be backing Newbridge this year anyway as usual. Hey Gick out of a matter of interest which posisition do you play?

I heard what school he was in and his name but I've completely forgotten!

Thinking about it actually, Rock have a ****ing deadly team this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 clearycooper13

i plyed in that pres team that reached d jct final 2 years ago and this year we have a class team for the sct.

Advertisement