Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serenity comes to Dublin - August 24th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

I just bought the Firefly boxset, it better be good........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

damn it ugc website allow me to book it quicker!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭NineMoons

Oh God, screen 17, hummanna-hummanna-hummanna...

and im happy :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

reviews seem to indiciate that the film is mediocre at best

• Advertisement

Those reviewers are going to have a meeting with the chain of command less'n they stop spoiling my anticipatory fun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

About to watch Episode 3 of Firefly... :D

Enjoying it so far considering i hate practically all sci-fi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭slovessmg

I've only heard good reviews and some bad comments from critics who haven't seen the film or the TV show on which it's based.

The show was amazing so I think the movie will be very impressive. There are also RUMORS of very special VIP guests appearing at each of the advance screenings (which are happening across the UK and Ireland.) So for the price of a regular cinema ticket there is the opportunity to see the movie over a month before its October 7 release date and maybe meet one of the stars of the movie and get a FREE autograph!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

basquille wrote:
    About to watch Episode 3 of Firefly... :D

Enjoying it so far considering i hate practically all sci-fi!

Thats coz its great :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Done and done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

w00t, tix booked

The Manchester screening just sold out so anybody thinking of buying tickets better hurry, you won't be able to get a ticket on the night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got mine booked :D !!!!

is it the 24th of august yet?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SteM

I'm guessing it'll be general seating, first come first served?

SteM wrote:
    I'm guessing it'll be general seating, first come first served?

Well, I'd say first booked first seated. They choose the best seats and give them to whomever booked first, and then next best and so on. Doubt it'll be free seating on the night, unless sales are crap. Which I doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SteM

Fence wrote:
    Well, I'd say first booked first seated. They choose the best seats and give them to whomever booked first, and then next best and so on. Doubt it'll be free seating on the night, unless sales are crap. Which I doubt

But sure the Savoy in Dublin has had first come first seated for some huge sold out movies over the last few years. Looks like we'll have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Just booked mon ticky-wikie! *Cough*...... Sorry.

Anyway, this should be good. Stars you say? Hmmmm...... oooooooooo a Q & A would be nice.

London just sold out in under an hour. Birmingham and Manchester are also sold out at the moment. That means DUBLIN is the only screening with tickets still available. Come on Irish film buffs, don't let the Brits be the only ones to fill a cinema in 24 hours, get buying, send the link to friends, lets get this screening sold out so we can get future ones!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

From what I have been told, In terms of seating its, first taking their tickets from the machine will get the seats starting from the back. Not who booked first. I'm thinking a beers should be done to coinside with this. Maybe in the woolshead? (that place next to the cinema with cocktailes!)

Who'd be up for some drinkies? Maybe one or two be for and then getting rotten after it :D

PS.. thats my ticket booked :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

slovessmg wrote:
    London just sold out in under an hour. Birmingham and Manchester are also sold out at the moment. That means DUBLIN is the only screening with tickets still available. Come on Irish film buffs, don't let the Brits be the only ones to fill a cinema in 24 hours, get buying, send the link to friends, lets get this screening sold out so we can get future ones!!

Already done this and have informed other Firefly fans.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just picked up my tickets and they're good seats :)

Also it's Screen 1 folks, not Screen 17. See attached picture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ixoy wrote:
    Also it's Screen 1 folks, not Screen 17. See attached picture!
    ... Hmmmmm..... if i print those tickets, will they look plausible enough?! :rolleyes:

Watched episode 3 and 4 last night - excellent stuff! Cheers for the recommendation on it again ixoy. Watching another 2 or 3 tonight so should be all ready when the film comes around!

Right I am going to setup a post Serenity beers to decuss the film/TV show. Who'd be up for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

Will this be the final cut of the film or the unfinished one that was used at US screenings? God I hope I can go though I'll probably in the throes of Post LC Results Grab Accomdation Frenzy... :mad:

Post about post movie beers here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

damnit is it sold out yet? i'm abroad and am unable to get tickets...PLEASE DONT BE SOLD OUT UNTIL I GET BACK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Just bought me tickets. Can't bloody wait. Love the show. It's really one of those ones that just get's better each time you watch it........ Altogether now: "JAYNE, THE MAN THEY CALL JAAAAAYYYYNNNNNEEEEEE.........." Damnit, I'm a nerd. Haha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

I cannot wait to see this movie.
    The show is one of the best i've ever see. Whedon is a genius.

I won't make the Dublin screening (as much as i would love to)

• Advertisement

Will this be the final cut of the film or the unfinished one that was used at US screenings? God I hope I can go though I'll probably in the throes of Post LC Results Grab Accomdation Frenzy... :mad:

Unlike the US screenings this will be the Final Cut of the movie, the same one that will be on general release October 7. Most of the stars are also flying out for the World Premiere in Edinburgh that week so it's expected some of them will make an appearance, with possible signing and/or Q&A after the screening.

Aw, I'd like to go for beers but I shouldn't even be going to the screening as I'm in the middle of really important exams that whole week. Beers would be pushing it since exam is next morning.
    Good idea though...

Pity it's Screen one, but maybe they woulda had problems filling 17? It's my favourite screen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

deadly...off to book tickets :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Got an excited phonecall today and booked tickets like lightening. I can't fúcking wait. The series is fantastic, amongst my treasured DVDs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Just booked my tickets. I can't wait. None of my friends are Browncoats, though, so I'm not sure who to bring. The cynical guy (who has been keeping up with the production of the movie) who will nitpick until I want to murder him? Or the guy who won't have a clue what's going on up on the screen? Decisions, decisions.. :D

They were pretty cheap, too. Glad I got them before I had to resort to ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

Yep I have mine.

Can't wait to see it. Its gonna be Shiny

• Advertisement

Blitzkrieg, use the power of the internet to BUY TICKETS ONLINE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I just bought 20 tickets.. can anyone tell me how to setup an account on ebay? :D

* I bought two and no you can't have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well.. it's sold out...

Good thing I'm not a fan.

It doesn't apppear to be sold out. It sold out everywhere but Dublin but the UGC Dublin site is still selling tickets. Why did you think it was sold out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

slovessmg wrote:
    It doesn't apppear to be sold out. It sold out everywhere but Dublin but the UGC Dublin site is still selling tickets. Why did you think it was sold out?
    If you actually go through the booking process it tells you that it is sold out right at the end.

It doesn't check for ticket availablitity until after you've entered your credit card details.

• Advertisement

Oh right, that's quite mean letting you go through the booking stage just to be told they're sold out. Thanks for the info.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well bugger it anyway, missed the boat. Oh well. Mind you watching the trailers it looks very like the series condensed. I wonder what the chances are of this kick-starting a new series. I can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gdez

Hobbes wrote:
    I just bought 20 tickets.. can anyone tell me how to setup an account on ebay? :D

* I bought two and no you can't have them.

Did u really buy 20?
    If so i'd be interested in buying 2.

gdez wrote:
    Did u really buy 20?
    If so i'd be interested in buying 2.

/me points to the small text..

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gdez

sutty wrote:
    /me points to the small text..

I saw that alright, but why else would he want to set up the ebay a/c.
    Not to else the only 2 tickets he bought me thinks.

From what I heard they were limited to nine per person. But I only wanted three so not sure if that is accurate.

gdez wrote:
    I saw that alright, but why else would he want to set up the ebay a/c.
    Not to else the only 2 tickets he bought me thinks.

sarcasm is a wonderful thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

arrghh! tickets all gone! damn you fellow serenity fans! damn you all! :D

...but er....enjoy the movie eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Everybody's going to start singing 'The Hero of Canton' at the theater, right? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Crash

no no - in the pub :)

He robbed from the rich
    and he gave to the poor.
    Stood up to the man
    and gave him what for.
    Our love for him now
    ain't hard to explain.
    The hero of Canton
    the man they call Jayne.

• Advertisement
Advertisement