Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have they started converting cinemas to Digital yet?

• 08-08-2005 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭

Ireland was supposed to be the test bed for digital cinemas. I heard last Feb or March or so that within the next year that all cinemas would be digital. Was wondering if it had started yet.Went to see War Of The Worlds when it came out in Liffey Valley screen 1. Pic seemed pretty dark and blurry when lots of movement occured (especially when the camera was panning) Heard this was an issue. If it was converted and this is what we can expect.... Not good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I heard alright that some company were planning to kit out every cinema in Ireland with digital projectors.

Is Liffey Valley digital? I've never been there so I have no idea.

From what I've heard - digital projection is just as good and won't affect picture quality at all. Of course I've never been to a cinema that uses digital projectors so I can't speak from experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Dick Darlington

The new cinema opening in Dundrum will be digital apparently and everyone is waiting to see how that goes.

I know UGC(currently changing to Cineworld) will go digital eventually, they're just waiting to see how it takes off.

Apparently most things look good on digital, especially things like Sin City and Shrek that are all or have a lot of effects/animation but the resolution is constantly getting better and will eventually be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Ah yeah, it's just that I read somewhere that the picture can be dark. One thing though, all these new version of 3D films being mooted (James cameron's Battle Angel alitia film and the original Star Wars trilogy) must use digital projectors...... Can you imagine, top of the range, 21st century cinemas.... and we'll be back wearing those cardboard 3d specs again..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

When is the new cinema in Dundrum opening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

?

the local cinema in thurles tipperary is now digital. Had it in time for Episode 3...but whatever idiots sent them the projecter didnt send them the films...so despite being digital they have nothing to show, so are still showing film.

As far as i know most of the cinemas across the country have at least one digital projector. hmm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement