Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond Good and Evil....

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just finished the game! The ending : Holy crap! A space battle and a cool backwards controlling final boss (those whove played it know what im on about).

I officially declare it maybe the second best game ive played this generation (Resi 4 being a probable winner).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Just finished the game! The ending : Holy crap! A space battle and a cool backwards controlling final boss (those whove played it know what im on about).

I officially declare it maybe the second best game ive played this generation (Resi 4 being a probable winner).
    The space battle is great alright... amazing music too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The space battle is great alright... amazing music too.

Yeah the music is really cool. So dramatic. What other games has the composer done, anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I'm pretty sure it's his first game soundtrack to make, his name is Christophe Heral, I'm sure a trip to google will find out whether or not he's made more than that though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Play.com - the number one pit for my money. I love play.com takes abotu 5 days (as said) for delivery. I've ordered nigh on 2k worth of stuff comprising mostly of dvds and games (the odd cd, and a book for college too) and they have failed to deliver only once, and upon calling them after 7 days they asked me to wait 14 and call if still no sign. I called them after 14 and they sent one out immediately via registered post.

Great company and tend to very keenly priced too. Here's a tip - always pay the sterling price on your credit card..it works out much cheaper as play add some euros to cover themselves..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

and they have failed to deliver only once, and upon calling them after 7 days they asked me to wait 14 and call if still no sign. I called them after 14 and they sent one out immediately via registered post.
    yup. one failed delivery out of almost 50 here.
    unfortunately the game went out of stock, so i had to settle for a refund. this was all sorted out within a matter of hours of me reporting it missing iirc :)
    couldn't recommend them highly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Great game alright. Retr0gamer is so sad, that he won't play it because he only has a copy of it for pc. "Pc is crap".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Horrible scenario today.
    Went to buy a PS2, found one 2nd hand, €90, or €100 w/a 2nd-hand game.

Found Beyond Good and Evil. Joy! :cool:
    Go to ATM machine. Joy-JOY!! :)
    Go back, ring up PS2. HAPPY-HAPPY JOY-JOY :D

Attendant looks at disc. OH THE HORROR--A HUGE CHIP IN THE DISC--UNPLAYABLE!!! :eek:

Hold back tears, pick up Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon instead :o ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

While this game was amazing at the start of the game i found it to be a tad disappointing after finishing it in a matter of hours.I got maybe 6 hours out of it and to be frank that is not enough for a game that could have been pure quality.Hopefully the sequel can stretch the game out but not in a sailing across the seas ala windwaker kind of way.

d22ontour wrote:
    While this game was amazing at the start of the game i found it to be a tad disappointing after finishing it in a matter of hours.I got maybe 6 hours out of it and to be frank that is not enough for a game that could have been pure quality.Hopefully the sequel can stretch the game out but not in a sailing across the seas ala windwaker kind of way.
    Yeah.. it is a bit short... only 3 proper levels really...

But it's replay value is very good too.. I played through it a second time and made sure I explored all over the place and did all the mini levels and took as many photos of animals as possible...

• Advertisement

Short it may be, but it makes up for it in quality. It took me around eleven hours, and that was because i went for as many pearls and animals as possible. And i STILL didn't get then all! Nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Better short and good than long and mediocre

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

True :)
    Astro Boy and Metroid Zero Mission being perfect examples of that.

There was one animal I could never get a photo of...

It was in behind some crates and as soon as you walked into the room it went and hide on you... oh.... it drove me nuts...

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

It wouldn't run on my computer and I gave up. :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

There was one animal I could never get a photo of...

It was in behind some crates and as soon as you walked into the room it went and hide on you... oh.... it drove me nuts...
    i think you had to sneak in for that one. or something - i remember it took me a god awful long time but i got it in the end. Was worth a fortune..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I'll have to play it again and get all the pearls and animals. It really was a beautiful game. You always like things you don't have....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I got this in Game on Dawson St at the weekend for a tenner, maybe Evad_lhorG could confirm if there are any more copies in there?

Advertisement