Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the most you've spent on one record?

• 08-08-2005 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious as to who is the biggest vinyl junkie on boards...

I managed to cop myself on at the very last second, and not place a €50 bid on one of my favourite hard dance tunes of all time (Legend B - Lost in love - Paul Janes' mix)
    The most that i've spent next to that, is around €20 apiece (all in) for a couple of Tripoli trax classics (Block Party and Hooked)
    Looking back, i payed well over the odds... they were worth every penny though

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I think the most I spent was for X-Mix 3 triple vinyl, ended on ebay at around 80 euro from memory, well worth it though. Nearly every track on it is impossible to get.

http://www.discogs.com/release/80436

Also paid about 60 for DJ HMC - Southern Cross EP. Bloody rare ep, not listed on discogs! Thats a double vinyl too but I just wanted it for a track called LSD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye, LSD is a classic tune.
    i remember caning the **** out of that back when my mate had the fact2 vinyl set :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Not vinyl but I spent €80 on a Coil CD. They sold a couple of LP's on their site for over a grand sterling :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Between 20 and 40 I guess. Buying on eBay (and Gemm I guess) can really add up if you get caught up in bidding and then get done for sterling conversion and then the lump of extra postage to send to the Republic :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

I know a guy who exchanged an MK2 against 1 record!
    It seems a bit unprobable but i can affirm you it s the truth!...i didnt say he was not mad... :D

ciao

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

€90 i spent on 'Nautical Bodies' Planet Heaven it was an ex dj copy and its a white label version 1 of 16 copies before been released on barracuda records, it was a massive oakey and sasha tune if anyone knows it im sure you would agree its class if anyone doesnt know it here is sample mpe of it

http://www.htfr.com/vinyl/quicksearch/?text=nautical+bodies&x=9&y=5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i have a good few records that are worth around the €90 mark but that i got for much much less... not into the whole ebay thing tbh... would much rather hunt through dusty shops and have memories of finding it than clicking on a link and feeding a cc number.... plus tunes go for waaaay too much on ebay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 POW!

Do albums count?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

£80 i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

eBay and Gemm are great resources...you simply have to be careful and now your limits (literally). I've found tracks that I would say I will never find in any Irish record store and when I go abroad I have a look, but don't have the inside knowledge of where to look etc.

Each to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jase Of Bass

I think it would probably be the £50 (UK sterling) I spent on the Metalheadz metal/tin box set in about 1994... Anyone know how much it's worth now? It's the one that's in a round metal box, it's got some records in it, and it's on the Metalheadz record label, with a Metalheadz record label logo on the round metal box that the records are in... :rolleyes: It's the Metalheadz metal box set.

...or the £45 I spent in oooh... 1991... on the Sisters of Mercy's Body Electric 7", their 2nd single....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I spent €60 on the Analord Binder and €30 on the Boards of Canada Music Has The Right To Children 10" promo. That's about as much as it gets for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

I think it would probably be the £50 (UK sterling) I spent on the Metalheadz metal/tin box set in about 1994... Anyone know how much it's worth now? It's the one that's in a round metal box, it's got some records in it, and it's on the Metalheadz record label, with a Metalheadz record label logo on the round metal box that the records are in... :rolleyes: It's the Metalheadz metal box set.

...or the £45 I spent in oooh... 1991... on the Sisters of Mercy's Body Electric 7", their 2nd single....

if its the one with the tracklisting:::

A1. Digital - Far Out
    A2. Digital & Spirit - Special Mission
    B1. Doc Scott - Swarm
    B2. Doc Scott - Honey
    C1. Ed Rush & Optical - Sabotage
    C2. Ed Rush & Optical - Westway
    D1. Hidden Agenda - Dispatch (Part 3: No Guard)
    D2. Hidden Agenda - Big Lamp
    E1. J Majik - Future State
    E2. J Majik & Danny J - Elysian Fields
    F1. Lemon D - What's Up?
    F2. Lemon D - Urban Style Music (90 B.P.M. Reprise)
    G1. Optical - To Shape The Future (Remix)
    G2. Optical (feat. Norman Robinson) - Reckless Mission (Dub Mix)
    H1. Dollis Hill - Desist Da Black
    H2. Dollis Hill - Desist Da Black (Reprise)
    I. Dillinja - Warrior Jazz
    J. Photek - Neptune

than it probably isnt much more than you paid for it.... but it seems to have held its value pretty well... as with all older drum and bass tunes especially 'headz stuff ts quite collectible and is worth more in places like the usa than it would be over here... the tin box set was 1998 by the way, not 94

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

About €100 for a gatefold vinyl of Mezzanine by Massive Attack, signed by 3D, I bought it off my sister, Ive never seen a signed copy online before and the unsigned go for about £80 sterling on Ebay.

Id safely say its worth €500+, She also has a picture of herself with 3D which is pretty cool.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I think your estimation might be slightly out there. Generally speaking, a signature doesn't add much the value of the record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

tman wrote:
    Just curious as to who is the biggest vinyl junkie on boards...

I managed to cop myself on at the very last second, and not place a €50 bid on one of my favourite hard dance tunes of all time (Legend B - Lost in love - Paul Janes' mix)

that is a class tune tman!!

most i paid was about 30quid on Vitalic's Poney EP about 2 years ago, was sooo hard to get then. Even just for La ROck and you prefer cocaine its a great EP

Advertisement