Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6230i video support problem

• 08-08-2005 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I have the Nokia 6230i and want to play MPEG1 video from my camera on it.

The 6230i supports H.263, mpeg4, 3gpp video. I've converated my mpeg1 video to MPEG4 using Apple quicktime 6.5 but it doesent work on the phone. I've coverted the mpeg1 files to 3gpp using Nokia's coversion software but while that works the quality isn't good.

Apples new quicktime 7.0 also supports conversion from MPEG1 - MPEG4 but I dont want to spend E30 to find it doesen't work on the phone.

Could anyone recommend the best way to covert MPEG1 files so that they play on the phone? Quality is the priority, I have a 1GB MMC.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

what encoding rates did you use on your clip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I'd be a newbie to this whole area so you may need to be patient!

When converting the MPEG1 file to MPEG4 using Quicktime 6.5 I used the "export" feature and stuck with the deafults. I also tried reducing the output file's screen size but this doesen't work on the phone either. Quicktime doesn't give other info that I could see about the encoding formats it uses.

When converting the MPEG1 file to 3GP using Nokia's multimedia convertor again I stuck with the defaults. One the second attemp I cranked up the Bitrate as high as it would go but the quality is still bad.

Advertisement