Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was/is your development levy?

Options
  • 08-08-2005 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭

We just had to pay the county council €3425.27 for the development levy, what did you pay?
    I felt like it was extortion....Pay the Bucks kiddo or ya don't get ya Planning!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Hi CJ,

You got off lightly, we had to pay just under 10k to meath co.co. and we are not even on mains water or mains sewage. :mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

We payed a ridiculous 300 euro!!! don't know why it was so low!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

ours is 500 euro in Co. Galway - haven't paid it yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

AFAIK it is based on the m2 over 40m2 in my case that is 59 m2
    Still daylight extortion, even the way they phrase it : "Contribution" is like it is voluntary or something!
    We are on GWS and septic tank...
    I would be happy if they gave grants for solar water heating panels or something, but nuthin :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

it's something like €18k here in Kildare.
    Different coco have different levies....
    I think Mayo is one of teh cheapest and Kildare & Cork one of the most expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Eve1

I thought we were getting away lightly at €1400 in Galway but elliebn paid €500. There is obviously a different price for different areas in the County. Friends of mine in the city paid over 10k which is mad cos they are not even connected to the mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Gee what a crowd of whingers we have on this here thread, I mean the sites are next te nuttin and sure aren't Ye all buildin out of Yer back pockets, no mortgages for the next thirty years, no need to keep the schools and post offices open, would Yis not leave the old folks in them areas alone to die in peaceful agony ?

As you can see the above is full of Sarcasm and Dis-respect to all the brave people who take it on themselves to build a home instead of making sure they qualify for "Social Housing".

I honestly don't care if the "Contribution" is €300-00 or €15,000-00 it should be called for what it is, a Stealth Tax that is enabled by the huge sighs of relief from the thousands who can by virtue of a piece of paper known as Planning Permission they fight hard to obtain.

Yes Ladies and Gents the Politicians will take the liberty of knocking on your new front door come election time acting as if they have done you a favour by allowing you not to be a burden on The State.

Maybe all of you who paid "The Contribution" should impose a Door Knocking or Bell Ringing "Contribution" for the very helpful Government and their agents who are wearing out your expensive apparatus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Eve1 wrote:
    I thought we were getting away lightly at €1400 in Galway but elliebn paid €500. There is obviously a different price for different areas in the County. Friends of mine in the city paid over 10k which is mad cos they are not even connected to the mains.

can i ask how much in the spiddeal area if anyone knows thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Eve1

lomb wrote:
    can i ask how much in the spiddeal area if anyone knows thanks?

It depends on the exact area. Our site is based in East Galway. Galway County is dived into three different subareas. This might give you a rough idea:

[URL=http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:IT04aD1GzJkJ:www.galway.ie/planning/development_contribution_scheme/DevScheme.pdf+development+charges+galway&hl=en
    ]Development charges[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

thanks looks like we are looking at 3 grand...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Well just to let ye know I'm getting stung with an 18K levy in kildare. Under 2000 sq foot its 11.5K over 2000 sq foot its the big 18K.
    Aw well they council really need my hard earned cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

Hi just had a look at eve1's breakdown of the charges and the 500 we are paying is going towards recreation and amenities. we have to get onto a group water scheme ourselves (no idea how much that is yet) and we will have a septic tank instead of a sewerage system. we are building about 13 miles outside of galway between tuam and headford

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

elliebn wrote:
    Hi just had a look at eve1's breakdown of the charges and the 500 we are paying is going towards recreation and amenities. we have to get onto a group water scheme ourselves (no idea how much that is yet) and we will have a septic tank instead of a sewerage system. we are building about 13 miles outside of galway between tuam and headford
    That is what all the Councils are saying the money is for.
    I quote from my planning conditions: The developer should contribute towards the cost of public infrastructure and facilities in the area of the planning authority, blah blah section 48 of planning and development act 2000.
    Basically this is instead of paying rates on all buildings they levy this on new developments only.

Advertisement