Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We9 1st impressions

Options
  • 08-08-2005 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Sexual seriously sexual...

Played about 15 games now and loving it, altho not much has changed to warrant a full price buy maybe if it was an Exp pack yeah but overall its the same game looks nicer no slowdown on PS2 and online.

The little things that make it super sexual are the magic glue you have on your feet to get the ball isnt as strong thus making for super scrappy games or more controlled measured passing. Just being in the general direction of the ball doesnt mean you will get it, it will roll by your or tru you :confused:

New shooting and skills will make 2P very interesting, overall im lvoing it but starting to the get the FIFA feeling from it like not much has changed but what has is for the better.

Post some videos morrow when i find RF out thingy.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭shaneward2004

Have u played the online mode yet or is dat not possible??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Havent got network adaptor hooked up to pc, getting crossover cable in a bit shall try it then.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

It wont work. You're not able to play it online outside of Japan.

Unless you have a Jap PS2, a Jap address etc... and you wouldn't mind the huuuuge lag you'd get playing, then it might be worth it. Oh and once you also dont mind paying the recurring monthly charges. :)

I'd have to disagree with you on the "not a lot has changed" part, sure from first glance it doesn't look like it, but the fact the edit mode is the best so far, the slew of new animations, the slowdown gone (minus the crowd during play unfortunately), the vastly improved presentation and the Nippon Challenge is there. Its probably the biggest step forward since WE7, which isn't that bad, considering Konami have self admittedly reached the PS2 limits of what they can achieve.
    The Nippon Challenge is quite a big addition really, its just that we wont really appreciate it as much as the target audience of the game, which is understandable.

Not played it too much myself yet, even though I've had it a week (shameful, but been studying for exams :( ), but I'm definately liking it more than WE8LE, its A LOT better than PES4, which is the good news for most people!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Just played my first game & the first 2 things I noticed are the lovely new animations an the handling...which seems alot heavier then in pro evo 4. You cant turn as fast. It feels strange but looks alot more realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

is it PS2 only atm or can it be purchased for xbox?

and where can it be bought online? play.com dont seem to have it.

• Advertisement

lik-sang.com ps2 only out as PES5 in oct on all formats.

Tusky you get it already?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

KdjaC wrote:

Tusky you get it already?

kdjac

Got it this morning. Fast eh ? Cheers by the way. It feels way slower then Pes4 but alot more realistic.

The WE's are always a slower pace than the PES games. Thats one of the main reasons most people prefer them.

The turning changed in WE8LE, its much better with the added animation, it stops the split second 180 degree turns, which would be used way too much in multiplayer, made defending a nightmare in some instances against someone who overused the technique with a decent dribbler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Being playing it now for last couple days (using fernando's translation patch) and first impression was it seemed fifafy! The passing seemed more responsive than we8:le though weird passing decisions were still being made by my players. They seemed to have ruined the ability to beat players espec addidng the shimmy without the need for r2, though still has some thing i do like such as more repsonsive shooting, better keepers (for the most part) and long throwing keepers :)

Will need a lot more playing time before i convinced with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

KdjaC wrote:
    Hi.

Did you guys get your copies from Lik-Sang? If so, how long did it take to arrive? I ordered it from them and it shipped last Monday with Global Priority Shipping.

using fernando's translation patch

I've been keeping an eye on Fernando's patches for when my copy arrives. Are you just using your own Option File? Or have you found one that will work ok with Fernando?

• Advertisement

The latest Fernando patch (V4 last time I checked) needed you to create your own new option file with it, there have been problem with the Para file he is using, because he got it from someone else and it creates conflicts with some things.
    But as I write this I've just checked, and he has now uploaded a fixed V4 without the ML salary mistakes etc...

You still need to use a new option file though. Best thing to do is burn one temporary Fernando patch until his 100% comes out (I'm still on V2 I think) then burn one complete 100% english patched version and use it as your base for your proper WE9 option file.

Not getting an option file till transfer windows closes.

Safer :d

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Are the throw-ins fixed back to PES3 style? or are they still cruddy PES4 style?

Heh, i just watched that japanese video and saw ronaldinho can do a flip-flap, pretty cool :) Is that a move unique to him like that weird looping shot for del piero?

Balfa wrote:
    Are the throw-ins fixed back to PES3 style? or are they still cruddy PES4 style?

Heh, i just watched that japanese video and saw ronaldinho can do a flip-flap, pretty cool :) Is that a move unique to him like that weird looping shot for del piero?

They actually worse or i stupid and cant throw it diagonally without a player being there. I wanted quick throwins not these things that take ages and every player is marked at.

theres tonnes of new animations , Ronnies dribbling and special turns are unique to him. Each player thats Starred has a few nifty tricks and shots.

kdjac

Balfa wrote:

Got my copy yesterday!!!

I was fully expecting Konami to see the error of their ways with the throw-ins but, I'm sorry to say, they're still a load of crud. As far as I could tell, they're the exact same as PES4.
    Balfa wrote:

The flip-flap isn't unique to Ronaldinho; I had Cristiano Ronaldo doing it last night. It looks cool but pretty ineffective so far!

I only played a few games last night but it feels a lot different to PES4 (sorry, I haven't really played any other WE so can't compare). I think it's looking pretty good! It's more realistic. As others have noted, the passing isn't inch-perfect anymore and skipping past players is proving quite a biatch for me so far. Although, I have only been playing it on 5* against the CPU. I'm really looking forward to having the lads over to see how 2-player goes...

Currently I'm using Fernando's fixed v4 patch with a fresh option file. Can't wait for something similar to jonboyo's PES4 patch to appear!

Reefur's already working on a patch for WE9, trust me that will be the one to get. ;)

WEAmerica have released a decent patch as well in the last couple of days, still no proper kits, but they've been decoded by Warpjavier and the tools are in the process of being made. Its all a matter of time now until we start seeing the good patches.

dar83 wrote:
    Reefur's already working on a patch for WE9, trust me that will be the one to get. ;)

WEAmerica have released a decent patch as well in the last couple of days, still no proper kits, but they've been decoded by Warpjavier and the tools are in the process of being made. Its all a matter of time now until we start seeing the good patches.

Yeah, I tried the WEmerica one last night. It's very good but it crashed after a few games. I was using Kosos v0.9 OF with it. Haven't tried WEmerica's OF yet.

That Sunjun patch looks decent too. Especially if you can use any OF with it. Couldn't get it downloaded though. Links didn't work and the bt would have taken 15 hours or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭TheLedge

long range shooting and scoring is finally possible! 35 yard screamers ahoy!

I'm finding it quite tough to score many goals as yet, but i think it was the same when i played PE4 initially. (i'm still only on 3 stars!)

GK throwouts are improved not to limit to throwing to the 1st available defender. ( you can throw to half way almost!)

flip/flap aesthetically pleasing, but i find Ronaldo loses control of the ball far easier than ronaldinho...

plenty of thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭jones

I cannot wait for Pro evolution 5!! have everyone of these games and the money I've won in tournaments against mates!!! not out till October though dam it!!
    is there any major difference to the big players - I found a lot of the English players ridiculously over rated in PE4. please say the defender rule is gone i.e. any defender can catch up with any forward, no matter what the speed difference between them, in a run to the ball)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 richie_s

Hi Guys,

I need a bit of info, which version of WE9 are u all playing... (PC or PS2 Version) if PS2 version how??? I have swap magic 3.3 will this allow me to play the jap version of the PS2 game???

Please Reply... :)

• Advertisement

There is no PC version of WE9. ;)

Yeah Swap Magic will do fine, just head on over to www.play-asia.com and order away. :)

You'll want to check out evo-web for translation patches and also want to have a DVD Burner to be able to take advantage of them and any other patches you may want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 richie_s

Cheers Dude... :)

Advertisement