Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus in Cork

Options
  • 09-08-2005 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

I'm moving south in the near future and if the chorus system that in the girlfriend's parent's house is anything to go by, then I'm in for troube. Pile of rubbish but herself will be wanting ITV and C4.
    Have there been any improvement's made to the digital system in the last 18 month's. The remote is dreadful and impossible to negative, takes ages and god help you if you push the radio button.Text is fine however but it dosn't remember the last page. Or am I expecting too much considering that I'm coming from NTL digital?
    Also sales guy when I was enquiring said that for free I could have a seperate analog unit for say the bedroom. Is this still the same unit that they have been using for ages. And if so, has anyone been able to tune any other channel's on it.

Have not made a decision yet but my preference would be for Sky+.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

I had years of hassle with Chorus customer service. Sky has worked well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Hi Squibs,What sort of hassle had you got with chorus. I think for my sake I will be lowering my expectation's and not be calling them with trivial matter's as customer service in any company leaves alot to be desired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Basically any technical problem I had was fobbed off. Outages were frequent. Their classic one in the old cable days when there was an outage was "I'll boost your signal for you, luv". Whatever that meant :confused: . It gave them an excuse to get off the phone. They were habitually rude and unhelpful.

When I finally cancelled, they billed me for a bunch of stuff for which I was definitely not liable. I had all the supporting documentation, luckily. They harrangued me and threatened court action for months until I finally got a supervisor on the phone who listened to my story, looked up my records and agreed that they had billed me erroneously. After that I heard no more for a year when I got a final warning letter. I'm guessing they hoped I'd disposed of the documentation by then, so they could bully me into paying. I still had it all, and wrote them a terse letter restating my understanding of the case and telling them I would see them in court. In a few days they sent me a statement cancelling all outstanding charges. I found the whole experience very annoying and underhanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

that is deffinatley the worst chorus experience i have heard of

i havent seen the chorus digital in action, but i have sky+ multiroom myself
    get a uk freesat card on ebay.ie to give herself itv & ch4 etc.

Advertisement