Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When Did This Man Become A Terrorist?

Options
  • 09-08-2005 5:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Guardian...Natan-Zada's father said he deserted his army unit in protest after he was ordered to help prepare for the pullout and moved to Tapuah, an extremist West Bank settlement.
    Is strange that if he had actually deserted that...
    Guardian...Natan-Zada is also to be buried Friday in a civilian service, after the Ministry of Defense overturned the army's decision to accord him a military funeral without honors, the military said.
    Military funeral for a deserter? The IDF didn't see him as a deserter. Somethings not right here. Something is rotten in the State of... Why is this important?

WHEN DID THIS MAN BECOME A TERRORIST?

Choices: -

1. If and when he left the army. AWOL doesn't usually equal terrorist.
    2. When he made the decision to do what he did. If at the last moment he changed his mind, then surely he would be only a potential terrorist. If that's a terrorist then it might apply to most of the IDF.
    3. When he fired his gun, killing the driver. If he had not subsequently died, would he still be labeled a terrorist.
    4. When he died. This is my best bet. He now had no value to the State. When the Prime Minister Begin was assassinated, I do not remember the assassin being treated as a terrorist. Was it because he survived.
    5. When Sharon said he was a terrorist. Well he should know. He has plenty of personal experience.
    6. Unknown. Have a poll and find out

A little detail on the killing
    When the bus entered a Shfaram neighborhood, Natan-Zada opened fire on the driver, killing him instantly, witnesses said. The bus rolled on for 20 yards until it hit a parked car and ground to a halt, Haaretz said. Natan-Zada continued shooting inside the bus, which was carrying about 20 passengers. He emptied an entire magazine. When he tried loading a new magazine, one of the passengers jumped him.

Ahkim Janhwi told Israel Radio he wrestled the attacker to the ground and disarmed him - only to be attacked by a confused crowd who thought he was the gunman. When the gunfire erupted "I immediately lay down between the seats,'' Janhwi said. "I thought about everybody who is important to me and who I'm important to, and I thought I was a goner. I closed my eyes and heard his footsteps getting closer to me.

People who boarded the bus beat Natan-Zada to death, media reports said. Television stations reported Thursday he was attacked with iron bars and stones. For hours, until the crowd was subdued, the gunman's body lay on the floor of the bus, his head covered with a black plastic bag. His shirtless upper torso was heavily bruised and bloodied.

Police were looking for the people who killed the soldier, Army Radio said. Prime Minister Ariel Sharon issued a statement condemning the attack as "a despicable act by a bloodthirsty terrorist.'' He called for calm
    This man was no different than a suicide bomber. He must have known that death was to be expected after the bullets ran out. Had he expectations of being a hero if he survived.

Surely the people who dispatched him were protecting their lives if he still had any means of killing or not. Would you risk it? If the police are "looking for the people who killed the soldier" very hard then there will be more deaths.

I have analyzed in detail above as to the moment when this man became a terrorist. What I am not yet clear on is at what point did he cease, if he did cease, to be a soldier in the IDF. It wanted to bury him as a soldier without military honours.

The hard-line group with whom he lived after leaving the army had no problem with disowning him after he died. This same group advocate the type of action that Natan-Zada implemented. I have no doubt of their fingers on the trigger.
    GUARDIAN
    "Israeli Police Brace for Possible Riots"
    August 5, 2005 By KRISTEN STEVENS, Associated Press Writerhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlate...5191584,00.html [/center][/size]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Edited - see my post in this thread for why

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

offtopic: Anyone else think of the ending for Day of the Locust?

Ontopic: A Big *meh* Terrorist doesnt seem to have any meaning anymore, excpet that you should hate and fear him. But looking at the events, i assume the government and public saw him as a terrorist when he attacked the public with what they believe is a political motive.

Surely the people who dispatched him were protecting their lives if he still had any means of killing or not. Would you risk it?

The belief is that in a civilised world we shouldnt have mob justice and that the man should have stood trial and gone to prison or formally executed.

Righthand, i only seen your threads after Sceptre edited them, so i'm guessing ( :rolleyes: ) you have an agenda behind all these topics. You want to put it on the table for discussion?

If not fine.

Advertisement