Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Society novalities

Options
  • 09-08-2005 6:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Brother was out with his society last Saturday and one of the games for the day was each competitor getting a numbered ball and having to play with it for the round. Any ball's handed up at the end went into a draw for a prize( I presume there was nothing stopping anyone putting the ball in their pocket and playing their regular ball).

Any other novalities that add a bit of spice to a society outing? Or should we start a sticky for all the happening's of a society outing. Only reciently found out what a shot gun start is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

I have played one where the 3 ball got a golf ball (Yellow) colour and where each players used it every 3 holes and had to bring it in.

It is very unfair on golfers who use a certain golf ball because they have to use this golf ball which is usually cheap and goes miles cause as not a softball and wrecking there score over it.

Fair enough having comps like this without having to force people to us a certain golf ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Wigertoods

have played the yellow ball game a few times.
    It's true that one should not be forced to use a "cheap" ball
    but i think the game is aimed at the fun aspect of society golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

I could see people just keeping the coloured ball at the beginning and playing their regular ball and then hand in the coloured ball at the end.

Advertisement