Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AA Missles

Options
  • 09-08-2005 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice that if you get a lock on a heli or plane with AA missles of some kind they can seem to dodge them pretty easily, on the other hand if the missles happens to follow a friendly plane pr heli, 99% of the time they will hit them? I mean is this a dilebarate thing or what? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

With the AA on enemies they can hear it locking on, and get an idea that they have to dodge it.

With friendlies they hear the beep and often don't realise it's an instant lock and wait a second or two before dropping flares. It's too late by then.

Also, because the missile has traveled further and is in a pretty straight line, it is more likely to hit, than a chopper etc that is only a few feet away and that can move left/right very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Nah thats not exactly what i ment, its like the missles seem to have a preference for friendly aircraft. Like if you don't get a lock on they seem to always head for friendlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

I though you couldnt lock on to freindly aircraft?
    Dosent an X come up on the target when you aim at a freindly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

It doesn't lock on friendly before you fire. If you miss the enemy it targets the nearest heat signal. I think you might be right R0ot. I've found this happens mostly on friendly than enemy, though I have gotten lucky a few times and it's hit an enemy blackhawk.

I hope it's just random. But even if it's not, it would be the same as watching where you put your mines - just make sure you have a clear shot and a steady shot before you fire. Never fire blind, or before a full lock unless there are no friendlies in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Yeah had an experience this morning where there was 3 enemy heli's and i just unloaded everything i had, killed two and someone else got the third. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i wish there were AA guns as well as missiles. hopefully they'll come out in some mod.

Advertisement