Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pi$$ed off with micro$oft

Options
  • 09-04-1999 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

OK, I got that 30 day free trial from indigo and I installed it. Asked did I want to install IE4.01 so I said yes but then the fùcker tells me that it is already installed. So I removed it from the Add/remove software and try to install the newer version from the indigo cd again, but the fùcker tells me again that there are already components installed. Whether or not someone else was using the computer and installed the software and just deleted it manually, I dont know but could someone give me a hand because I have to load the CD to register.....but it wont let me..........aghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Using win98 btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

Hi Helv,

Didn't you know it's impossible to remove IE4 from Win 98? wink.gif

I had this problem when I signed up to the net too. All you have to do is ring indigo, they should have a freephone no. and ask them how to set it up without the CD. All you really need are the IP nos.
    They should walk you through it.

Karla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Thanks for that but I already resorted to drastic measures, I reinstalled win98. No probs tho' there wasnt much on the comp anyway.

Advertisement