Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! 3347g - can anyone get it to network and open ports

Options
  • 09-08-2005 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

hi - this one has me stumped - this is the standaRD 4 LAN port and wireless router provided by eircom. At the moment i have 4 pcs hooked up to the internet running fine (that part was idiot proof) but for some reason i cant get the computers to network properly - i can see them as local coputers but i have no way of accessing files and folders or printers on the network - also port forwarding doesn't seem to be working - can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

I have the exact same router as you.
    Your machines can ping one another right?

The reason for me as to why I couldn't see each computer is because when I'm browsing the network neighbourhood, on the left pane there is an option to "Unhide uPNP devices". AFAIK the netopia is detected after unhiding it I was able to access the shared files on each computer.

I hope this helps.

Advertisement