Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CSKA v Liverpool

• 09-08-2005 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Ok, so i know its a bit ealry for this, but thought i'd throw it up, especially seein as we've got EIGHT players injured, and the season is only just underway!!!

fromm bbc.co.uk

Spanish youth international Antonio Barragan, 18, has been added to Liverpool's injury-hit squad and could be set for a start.
    Jerzy Dudek joins Peter Crouch, Djimi Traore, Boudewijn Zenden, Josemi, Harry Kewell, Neil Mellor and Florent Sinama-Pongolle on the sidelines.

CSKA team news to follow later.

Liverpool (from): Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Whitbread, Warnock, Riise, Luis Garcia, Alonso, Hamann, Gerrard, Sissoko, Cisse, Morientes, Baros, Potter, Carson, Barragan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

At least this season we have players who can fill the spots left by the injuries...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This won't be an easy match, but tbh I can't see liverpool slipping up, it'd have to be a terrible terrible preformance.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Whats the point in putting Baro's in the squad if he's not going to play him? Even if they end up keeping him he's not going to feature in this match just in case :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Villa look most likely to get him and according to papers have agreed personal terms, so if there's something going on there he could be played as Villa aren't in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Since crouch is injured, Baros is the only substitute forward we have, assuming moro and cisse start. he's just there as absolute emergency man. In the vague offchance cska are winning or something and we need a goal, he'll come on cause at the end of the day, it might take a million off him, no more then that as villa are offering 6 and aren't in europe and Rafa only wants 7, whereas if he scored to get us into the group stages would be worth up to potentially 20 or 30 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

will be a very tough match in sofia but i think we can win it 1:0 or 2:0 with a disciplined preformance. Alonso and gerrard should scare the pants of the bulgarians

Baros hopefully will be gone after the match and then we can get in owen and hopefully a new center back as well.

I dont know what the hell i want with this whole baros/owen thing. On one hand, owen is proven quality but on the other im still so pissed off at him for leaving the way he did, and meanwhile i really like baros as a player and am still adament that if his 1st and 2nd halves of the season were swapped we'd all be singing his praises like what happened with crouch.

One thing im sure of is that if baros leaves, in 2 years we'll see him banging in the goals at world class level somewhere else. We can't keep saying he's only unrealised potential, cause for the czechs he's very very realised potential. I'd still love to see him play alongside Crouch, even just for half a season. For god sake just to try it, he's been in absolutely top form in preseason (our sharpest looking striker) and could easily strike up a koller style partnership with crouch.

You know it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On Owen I'd have him back but if Baros should play thats it, he'll proberly be staying till jan at least and so no Owen (unless Deadly Doug coughs up the 7 mill).

Tomorrow wil prolly be the usual, Liverpool make it look harder than it should be. Oh and Gerrard scores a goal or three!

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Vagner Love will cause pool a lot of problems his pace and skill are scary.
    Also CSKA's defence is solid, great young keeper and the twins at full back are amazing.

Thier midfeild has a great balance of bone crunching tacklers and silkly skillfull playmakers and they are a serious threat to liverpool.

I predict CSKA to win.

sorry mate but think u got the wrong CSKA's , liverpool are playing CSKA's sofia not CSKA's moscow who you are referring too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

WTF is the deal with rte AND bbc showing Man Uniteds match at the same time?? **** sake

it seems to happen all the time, its like all the tv stations have a hard on for united

are they the biggest club in england? NO
    are they the defending champions? NO
    are they premiership champions? NO

it wrecks my head at this stage

*end mumbling rant*
    One thing im sure of is that if baros leaves, in 2 years we'll see him banging in the goals at world class level somewhere else. We can't keep saying he's only unrealised potential, cause for the czechs he's very very realised potential. I'd still love to see him play alongside Crouch, even just for half a season. For god sake just to try it, he's been in absolutely top form in preseason (our sharpest looking striker) and could easily strike up a koller style partnership with crouch.

agreed.

owen had his time and did his thing, but he left struggling to get his head out the door. its not liverpools responsibility to "rescue" him.

the squad is ballanced like a see-saw already. adding owen would be ridiculous and stupid.

baros has been sharp in pre-season. his contribution in the first half of last season is too easily overlooked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

ahhhh... thought it was the supercup...

i think thats on in 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

el rabitos wrote:
    WTF is the deal with rte AND bbc showing Man Uniteds match at the same time?? **** sake
    Because it's on at a fixed time?

Because Man Utd are still the most watched team in the United Kingdom and Ireland combined by an absolute mile.
    It's not all good.
    I've been forced to get Prem Plus because they put a huge number of Man Utd games on it, because they know most United fans will pay it.
    ****ers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Because it's on at a fixed time?

as opposed to liverpools previous games which are on at fluctuating times that alternate so fast that camera-men dont know when to turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

as opposed to liverpools previous games which are on at fluctuating times that alternate so fast that camera-men dont know when to turn up?
    :p

man utd are playing tonight and liverpool tomorrow night so aint on the same time, well according to bbc.co.uk

el rabitos wrote:
    Hehe, I'd be impressed if bbc and rte crews turned up at differing times for the same match :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

is the match being shown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Sky Sports 1. coverage starts at 7.30, kick off 7.45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

Lads, I dont wanna get too superstitious, but remember when liverpool were on the run up 2 that wonderful night in istanbul. People were comparing it to 1981 when charles and diana got married, wales won the grand slam, west ham promoted, norwich and crystal pakace relegated, liverpool losing the league cup to the eventual league champions and then going on to win the european cup.

Well heres another one to add to that. Liverpool went out on the defence of their title to cska sofia.

God please dont let it happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

it was on here somewhere before, also, liverpool won 17 games, finished fifth, and ken & deirdre got married...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

liverpool losing the league cup to the eventual league champions
    Liverpool won the League Cup in 1981 (vs West Ham).

Wales did not win the Grand Slam in 1981 either; it was France.

Hope you don't mind me pointing these out.

ya there were loads of coincidences from the 2 wins (81 and 78[was 78 wasn't it?]), think some of em are gettin mixed up with each other here..

Tonights Game;
    I think we'll get through (despite all the coincidence conspiracy theory's) but will make very hard work of it. We've been comfortable in possession for the qualifiers so far but haven't managed to really punish anyone severly for sitting back, im a little worried about what could happen against a team that might have a slight amount of quality going forward. could easily see 1 scored against us tonight.

Currently thinking a 1-2 liverpool win tonight and a 2-0 win at anfield, with neither game looking entirely comfortable.

heres hoping im proved wrong and theres an onslaught with cisse and moro finally clicking with devestating effect!..but i dont think so..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Not on TV? How utterly gay.

Streams? :/

Any news on starting 11 yet? I'll be stuck listening to BBC 5 for this one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

PiE wrote:
    Not on TV? How utterly gay.

Streams? :/

Sky sports 1 ... hardly not on t.v :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Reina

Carragher
    Finnan
    Hyypia
    Warnock

Garcia
    Hamann
    Gerrard
    Alonso

Cisse
    Morientes

From Sky Sports news

• Advertisement

Sky sports 1 ... hardly not on t.v :rolleyes:

Like the majority of the world, I don't have Sky Sports. So yes it's not on tv. ROLLEYES ROLLEYES ROLLEYES

Any non-retarded suggestions for streams welcome, else it's Five Live for me too :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

mms://213.8.106.59/1042444

Interesting match.
    CSKA are really knocking it around possesion wise, lacking the final ball. But look quite a decent side.
    Match certainly ain't awalkover

Davei141 wrote:
    mms://213.8.106.59/1042444
    sweet, not blocked by our firewall :D:D cheers

1-0 Cisse 25min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

0-1 to 'pool. Cisse after 25mins. :D

• Advertisement

Cisse just got a nice goal, dare I say against the run of play.
    Final ball is all that matters though :)
    Great finish from Cisse

2-0 Morientes 30 mins.

Very good goal from CSKA

Yeah im disappointed about that goal, liverpool need to hold on to the ball. The defence looks a little shaky.

Argh, knew they'd do something stupid like concede what... 10secs before HT whistle? Fools!

Thanks for the stream Dave.

• Advertisement

Quite happy with 2-1 at half - 2 away goals and hopefully a confidence boost for Morientes. I'd agree our defence isn't looking great but there's also opportunity for us to get another one or two hopefully.

I'm happy with how Morientes has played so far, nice goal with his head and he nearly added another when he headed across goal but just nodded it wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Maybe Sofia would be interested in swopping their keeper for Dudek ?>

the stream is quite good, anyone know where i can find a website like eireboy suggested before

Would've liked to see a clean-sheet, but 3-1 is a healthy away win. Pleased for Morientes too.

Edit: for anyone who missed it (like me), "One Night in May" is being repeated on Sky One in a few mins.

Good game, was pleased with our attacking in the game, especially Morientes. Best bit: Morientes' second goal celebration, when he left gerrard clutching his ehh "mid section" :D.

Good game, was pleased with our attacking in the game, especially Morientes. Best bit: Morientes' second goal celebration, when he left gerrard clutching his ehh "mid section" :D.
    Hehe, Gerrard didn't do it like they rehearsed - think he was supposed to jump up as well and clash chests, was funny though :)

We could of really torn them apart, the attacking was great. The defending on the other hand =/
    galwaydude wrote:
    the stream is quite good, anyone know where i can find a website like eireboy suggested before

try http://www.football4less.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1, ull need to register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

PiE wrote:
    Like the majority of the world, I don't have Sky Sports. So yes it's not on tv.

Hmmm not much of a majority in Ireland if you use a sample of just football supporters..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good result, Conor McNamara on Five Live noted Pool have won every game so far by at least a 2 goal margin. That'll do for me. Glad Nando is up and running, they seemed to like the look of Sissoko as well. The return leg is on TV3 next Wednesday.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement