Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CSKA v Liverpool

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Morientes' second goal celebration, when he left gerrard clutching his ehh "mid section" .
    God for a minute there I thought he'd done his groin in after that celebration!
    Good result at the end of the day, second leg should be a picnic. Looking at the way Warnock tackles, it's no wonder the lad has had 2 broken legs, he is so reckless it's untrue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

God for a minute there I thought he'd done his groin in after that celebration!
    Good result at the end of the day, second leg should be a picnic. Looking at the way Warnock tackles, it's no wonder the lad has had 2 broken legs, he is so reckless it's untrue!
    Think he prefers the term comitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I'm sure he does but he could do with easing off a bit with the diving tackles, I've seen his legs buckle a few times after those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Got to admire him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

I enjoyed that game a lot more than the last two ties which were dire overall. Delighted with Morientes, pity he didn't get his hatrick though and Cisse took his goal well (although the keeper was poor) and showed good awareness for the third goal to pick out Stevie to lay on Morientes. Pool's defence went to sleep for CSKA's goal though - no one attacked the ball after Finnan had allowed the ball to be crossed into the box and the forward had a free header into the back of the net. It was a good move from them though. I was impressed with Sissoko again, he looks failry decent on the ball and is only going to get better as he settles in. I thought Barragan didn't do too bad on the right wing either, considering it was his senior debut (for any team) @ 17 years of age, but I also though he was a right back? :confused:
    CSKA aren't a bad side but I reckon it's job more or less done anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

I didn't hear any of this going on from the TV last night, the tossers :mad:

CSKA poised to face racism probe

Uefa delegate Trygve Borno will include the racial abuse suffered by Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse in his report of the Champions League tie at CSKA Sofia.
    Cisse, who scored Liverpool's first goal in the 3-1 win, was subjected to monkey noises from the Bulgarian fans.

"Always it is a pity to hear such things but the Uefa official has heard and it has gone in his report," said Reds boss Rafael Benitez.

"The atmosphere in terms of support was good but the monkey noises are a pity."

On a claim from a Bulgarian journalist that Cisse provoked the crowd, Benitez said: "That is stupid. To score goals is not to provoke the fans."

Liverpool press officer Ian Cotton confirmed: "The Uefa official has told our secretary Bryce Morrison that he has heard the monkey noises and he will include that in his report."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Shred wrote:
    I didn't hear any of this going on from the TV last night, the tossers :mad:

CSKA poised to face racism probe

Uefa delegate Trygve Borno will include the racial abuse suffered by Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse in his report of the Champions League tie at CSKA Sofia.
    Cisse, who scored Liverpool's first goal in the 3-1 win, was subjected to monkey noises from the Bulgarian fans.

"Always it is a pity to hear such things but the Uefa official has heard and it has gone in his report," said Reds boss Rafael Benitez.

"The atmosphere in terms of support was good but the monkey noises are a pity."

On a claim from a Bulgarian journalist that Cisse provoked the crowd, Benitez said: "That is stupid. To score goals is not to provoke the fans."

Liverpool press officer Ian Cotton confirmed: "The Uefa official has told our secretary Bryce Morrison that he has heard the monkey noises and he will include that in his report."
    bit strange since their team had a few black players also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Shred wrote:
    I was impressed with Sissoko again, he looks failry decent on the ball and is only going to get better as he settles in. I thought Barragan didn't do too bad on the right wing either, considering it was his senior debut (for any team) @ 17 years of age, but I also though he was a right back? :confused:

Yeah I've liked the look of Sissoko since he has joined. He keeps things simple but also is strong and has a burst of pace ala Gerrard, he is only 20 so can only get better.

Barragan is a right back. I think Benitez just decided the game was all but over and to send him on for the experience, so he stuck him in on the right side of midfield with Finnan covering him so he could just get a few touches of the ball and some confidence.

Overall thought it was a job well done by the pool. Goals for Morientes will hopefully boost his confidence. I was also very impressed by Reina, he had nothing to do all game but was alert enough to pull off a very good save in the dying seconds of the match.

Advertisement