Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP! Buying new car.....Megavan vs Polo etc

Options
  • 09-08-2005 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ok So I've never purchased a car before - only learned to drive 6 months ago - and I'm 27!.....anyways don't know much about cars except that I need one for my new job :D ......

...I've got a tight budget 2500-3500 - anyways saw a 1996 Polo 1.1 5 door yesterday - 2500euro......also saw a Renault megane megavan (carvan) 1.9 diesel 3750euro.....

...anybody any opinions on either of these two???? Or what in General should I be looking for!! With that price range and insurance concerns....any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

Thought I'd resurrect this thread because I'm in a pretty similar situation myself. Was looking at a megavan today around the same price and can't decide whether I should get it or not. Other than service history what should I check on the car?

Advertisement