Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface's Customer Service

Options
  • 09-08-2005 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭

This is a model for all other companies to follow. Was in a net cafe the other day and noticed that my blueface pre pay credit was empty when I tried to call someone (I use the X-Lite softphone for calls). Thought this strange, called 3000 but got the machine as no one is in office, told them about calls on my account that i never made. Ten minutes later I get an email from a customer services rep saying that she had refunded my credit for those calls (which she did) and sugested I change my password by forwarding it onto her in email. I was relucted to send her this kind of information in an email and sugested they put something on the site to change passwords (still have no idea how someone managed to use my account, I never install the softphone onto the net cafe computers it's always run from my pen drive) but still, excellent customer service, a resolution all within the space of 10 minutes.

Blueface, highly recommended to all VoIP users.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Achilles wrote:
    This is a model for all other companies to follow. Was in a net cafe the other day and noticed that my blueface pre pay credit was empty when I tried to call someone (I use the X-Lite softphone for calls). Thought this strange, called 3000 but got the machine as no one is in office, told them about calls on my account that i never made. Ten minutes later I get an email from a customer services rep saying that she had refunded my credit for those calls (which she did) and sugested I change my password by forwarding it onto her in email. I was relucted to send her this kind of information in an email and sugested they put something on the site to change passwords (still have no idea how someone managed to use my account, I never install the softphone onto the net cafe computers it's always run from my pen drive) but still, excellent customer service, a resolution all within the space of 10 minutes.

Blueface, highly recommended to all VoIP users.

I second that, their customer service is second to none. One of the many great aspects of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

paulm17781 wrote:
    I second that, their customer service is second to none. One of the many great aspects of them.
    Yep, and not the first thread to specifically say so.
    Long may it last.

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jakeyb

causal wrote:
    Yep, and not the first thread to specifically say so.
    Long may it last.

causal

I agree with that, 'Long may it last' let it not be that they are been nice to customers because they want to build on people confedence and once they feel they have enough customers they start behaving like Irisih Broadband :-)
    Fingers cross that we will keep seeing good things from Blueface. Long live Blueface.

Jakeyb

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Totally agree..

Had nothing but excellent assistance from Aaron directly - even at 10pm at night when trying to sort out my setup.

Keep it up Blueface ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Blueface are fantastic, great quality, great value, and great service! I'm telling (and impressing) everyone that will listen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ac00785

Blueface regularly visit boards.ie and respond to our comments and/or suggestions. They should advertise in newspapers/tv/radio so that they can increase their customer base to the level that they deserve. Highly recommend Blueface and Customer Service is second to none. Thanks Aaron and Feargal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Anemone

This thread is turning into a 'me-too' parade, but not without good reason. Aaron's dedication to customer service has been top class. He has helped me out literally around-midnight on more than one occasion. One of those was spending a lot of time helping me to sort out a non-standard SIP config (when he could easily have said, 'sorry we don't support that').

I've also been having huge problems (and delays) getting my number ported (none of them Aarons fault), and Aaron has volunteered lots of free call credit to compensate me! Before anybody asks me to explain my porting problems, the saga is not over yet, but when it is I'll relate the whole story here.

Keep up the good work Blueface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Anemone wrote:
    easily have said, 'sorry we don't support that').

I've also been having huge problems (and delays) getting my number ported (none of them Aarons fault), and Aaron has volunteered lots of free call credit to compensate me! Before anybody asks me to explain my porting problems, the saga is not over yet, but when it is I'll relate the whole story here.

So you're the other one :) Aaron has been helping me with more than likely the same problem and compensated me greatly too. He told me one other customer was in the same boat. I assume you.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

I agree that Blueface have a top rate customer service, but I wonder how long it will last.

There are two obvious reasons why Blueface appeals to readers of this forum -

1) The kind of people who read this type of forum tend to be technically-minded, rather than mainstream, and are more likely to be early adopters of technology such as VoIP. Therefore it makes sense for Blueface, in what I guess are the early stages of the company, to target the people who come here (I mean that in a good way). Blueface's quick response to suggestions made here is a big appeal and makes a refershing change from the faceless companies we usually have to put up with.

2) Fast and high quality responses to customer queries, often (usually?) from people high up in the company, CEO/CTO/Operations Manager (it may be that the company is small and there are no employees that are not "high up"). Customer service elsewhere is typically handled by lowly employees who in some cases may not know enough to handle your query, or who are part of a large hierarchy that makes it difficult for them to their job (I'm sure other people reading this can think of better reasons why there is a lot of poor customer service out there).

I think that Blueface has relatively few customers, hence not very many customer enquiries. That means that the existing staff have enough time on their hands to handle all the queries that come in, in addition to their other duties, and they do not yet need to hire staff specifically for the purpose of providing customer service.

However if the company becomes more successful then it will be targetting "mainstream" consumers, placing ads in the media etc, and there will be a need to hire customer service personnel (which doesn't necessarily mean poor customer service, but it can do), and more issues for the existing staff to deal with. The likely result is that the customer service queries won't be handled by high-ranking employees, who also will have less time for, and possibly less interest in, responding to requests on forums like this one. If Blueface "go mainstream" then most of their customers and potential customers will not be the kind that reads this forum, so they (Blueface) won't have the same incentive to please us as before.

It doesn't have to work like that, but thats what happened with UTV Internet.

Anyway, in brief, well done on customer service Blueface, keep it up (for as long as you can).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jakeyb

Mossy wrote:
    I agree that Blueface have a top rate customer service, but I wonder how long it will last.

There are two obvious reasons why Blueface appeals to readers of this forum -

1) The kind of people who read this type of forum tend to be technically-minded, rather than mainstream, and are more likely to be early adopters of technology such as VoIP. Therefore it makes sense for Blueface, in what I guess are the early stages of the company, to target the people who come here (I mean that in a good way). Blueface's quick response to suggestions made here is a big appeal and makes a refershing change from the faceless companies we usually have to put up with.

2) Fast and high quality responses to customer queries, often (usually?) from people high up in the company, CEO/CTO/Operations Manager (it may be that the company is small and there are no employees that are not "high up"). Customer service elsewhere is typically handled by lowly employees who in some cases may not know enough to handle your query, or who are part of a large hierarchy that makes it difficult for them to their job (I'm sure other people reading this can think of better reasons why there is a lot of poor customer service out there).

I think that Blueface has relatively few customers, hence not very many customer enquiries. That means that the existing staff have enough time on their hands to handle all the queries that come in, in addition to their other duties, and they do not yet need to hire staff specifically for the purpose of providing customer service.

However if the company becomes more successful then it will be targetting "mainstream" consumers, placing ads in the media etc, and there will be a need to hire customer service personnel (which doesn't necessarily mean poor customer service, but it can do), and more issues for the existing staff to deal with. The likely result is that the customer service queries won't be handled by high-ranking employees, who also will have less time for, and possibly less interest in, responding to requests on forums like this one. If Blueface "go mainstream" then most of their customers and potential customers will not be the kind that reads this forum, so they (Blueface) won't have the same incentive to please us as before.

It doesn't have to work like that, but thats what happened with UTV Internet.

Anyway, in brief, well done on customer service Blueface, keep it up (for as long as you can).

That's spot on! I work in a similar environemt and I know how hard it is to run a well and supportive 'Customer Service'. Having said that, it will be good for Blueface to at least base their future customer service on today's(current) customers moving forward. Customer service failure happens when there are no sufficient technical information for the people handling it and when company's tend to go for cheap labour instead of hiring staff with the technical know how - as of success, I see Blueface making it big time as long as the go with the flow of what suits the current users rather than think ore of making excess profit. I wouldn't want to go further into this put there have been company's giving Irish phone users cheap calls in the past while they were using Voip and Blueface and another couple of companys came out openly with the offer.
    Another reason why they will succed is that these are young guys that came together for a cause rather a big shot buying or setting with a company and hiring the brain's to do the job - The CEO etc in Blueface are the brain- look at it as when you are working for yourself.
    Jakeyb

• Advertisement
Advertisement