Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brutal performance from USR 56K

Options
  • 06-04-1999 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Lads, does anyone have an internal ISA USR 56K Voice Winmodem? If so do u get brutal pings and PL on local Q servers?

I downgraded to a Creative Labs Modem Blaster 33.6 and my PL went from 21% to 1% (not 2 mention my ping dropping from an average of 200 to 140).

I'm just wondering if any1 else has had similar problems.

Fing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

well your major problem there is that most dreaded of three syllable words "WinModem".
    afraid to say but the USR winmodem is a piece of dog ****e.
    disconnects left right and centre from IOL, tinet and indigo, lag lag lag.
    my friend had one and ended up tearing it out of the machine ..
    u could try looking for patchs/new drivers on USR's page but thats a long shot smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Yes it is a dreaded piece of shìte. Used mine for the first time over the weekend on local servers and as getting 200+ ping and on average 30 p/l. I'm going to have to do away with it at sometime.

Advertisement