Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beaver Row/Beach Hill parking Tyres deflated....

• 09-08-2005 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Parked in Beaver Row (Donnybrook) outside the corporation flats yesterday, came back at 5.30PM to find on the car a note saying this is private road and if you continue to park here you will be reported. I got into my car to drive and found 2 of my tyres has been deflated.
    I was not sure whether they had been slashed or not and had to go back to Blanchardstown on the train get my girlfriends car drop out to another friend pick up a spare tyre and then return to Donnybrook to check the tyres. Needless to say I did'nt get home untill 10.30 PM in the evening.

I have reported this to the guards and they are fully behind me on this and are going to keep an eye on the area. In the meantime I have refrained from parking in this area.
    What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

I used to rent a room in a house in Beech Hill about 6 years ago. At that time there were a lot of kids that played around the place. There weren't that many teenagers, less than 10 that regularly hung around, I'd say. Now all those kids will be more grown up and as there isn't much to do around there, they'll make their own entertainment in the usual city-kid style.

Some of the parents used to be real "howrya's" as well, as I remember.

Of course, it might be beside a corpo complex, but it's not a private road. The residents might get annoyed at folk driving in from South Dublin/wicklow/wherever parking in their street and bussing it in and forego city centre parking fees (not saying you did) but they have no right to exclusive parking on the road themselves.

You'd want to see the number of cars around the place 6 years ago, I'd say it's really bad now. Some of the residents are VERY territorial in that place.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It wasn't me!!!

Actually, some Dublin City Council estates *are* private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Regardless of whether it's private or not, interfering with someone's car in a way that could impair safety is a breach of the law (which is why those annoying stickers are put on the rear windows).

Advertisement