Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Beaver Row/Beach Hill parking Tyres deflated....

Options
  • 09-08-2005 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Parked in Beaver Row (Donnybrook) outside the corporation flats yesterday, came back at 5.30PM to find on the car a note saying this is private road and if you continue to park here you will be reported. I got into my car to drive and found 2 of my tyres has been deflated.
    I was not sure whether they had been slashed or not and had to go back to Blanchardstown on the train get my girlfriends car drop out to another friend pick up a spare tyre and then return to Donnybrook to check the tyres. Needless to say I did'nt get home untill 10.30 PM in the evening.

I have reported this to the guards and they are fully behind me on this and are going to keep an eye on the area. In the meantime I have refrained from parking in this area.
    What do you guys think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jildy

I had the same thing happen to me in Lucan. I had nothing to do but not park there.
    Sad to admit defeat like that but to be honest I had no other real option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Park there again and keep an eye on the car from a distance.. And when you do catch the perpetrator, call the cops and go the whole hog... I'd say there'd be a nice bill for time you lost due to their vandalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Set up a sting with a cam corder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Psygnosis wrote:
    Hi Lads,

Parked in Beaver Row (Donnybrook) outside the corporation flats yesterday, came back at 5.30PM to find on the car a note saying this is private road and if you continue to park here you will be reported. I got into my car to drive and found 2 of my tyres has been deflated.
    I was not sure whether they had been slashed or not and had to go back to Blanchardstown on the train get my girlfriends car drop out to another friend pick up a spare tyre and then return to Donnybrook to check the tyres. Needless to say I did'nt get home untill 10.30 PM in the evening.

I have reported this to the guards and they are fully behind me on this and are going to keep an eye on the area. In the meantime I have refrained from parking in this area.
    What do you guys think?

The first thing I'd do would be to get a small air compressor for the car tyres that works off the 12 V ciggie lighter.

Will save you tons of time in a lot of situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Park up and hide UNDER your car.. and wait for them.. them grab them by the leg ala Sixth Sense..
    TK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Psygnosis wrote:
    Hi Lads,

What do you guys think?

Is it actually a private road? Because to be honest if it isnt, park there and let them report it. That way the guards will know who it is.
    However, carry some sort of tyre inflation device. Ciggie lighter thing that Bluetonic mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Dont think I will park there again guys far too much hassle. Someone needs to teach these jokers a lesson. Any one got a artic they can park there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I don't get the logic of doing something that causes you to spend an extra couple of hours parked somewhere they don't want you to park. It's akin to clamping a car that's parked in a clearway.

Then again, people who think letting your tyres down is funny probably breathe through their mouth anyway.

Advertisement