Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men's haircut - Dublin 15

• 09-08-2005 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Moved to Blanchardstown fairly recently and I'm a bit overdue for a haircut. Anyone know a place where I can get a haircut for <€20 and not have it butchered?

Thanks very much :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I saw a recommendation for Rosso's in the forum. I notice there's also "Rubens" in the Blanchardstown shopping centre. Anyone know which is better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Shing

I usually go to Rosso's in the Blanchardstown Centre but it's quite expensive (€14). There are plenty of barbers in Blanchardstown Village like Sam's Barbers and Cliffords which are more affordable.

Regards,
    Wai Shing

Aye, but will they give you a good haircut as in doing a proper thinning out of hair, rather than simply scalping and and would they be able to deal properly with a nasty cow's lick? I've had some very bad haircuts before in unknown barbers.

It's generally good. And it's a bonus if you get a stunning girl to cut it for you. They won't rush it and they'll make sure you are happy with it. For €14, I expect nothing less really.

Make sure you stay firm though. There is a Romanian guy there who insists on using the razor even if you specifically ask for a scissors cut!

Regards,
    Wai Shing

I think I saw him. I was watching the guy's getting their haircut before me and was thinking "I hope I don't get him". Got the other guy fortunately enough. Pretty decent haircut and luckily I don't seem to have a cow's lick sticking out the back like I've had after many other places who charged good money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Peter Marks in the bottom of the Blanchardstown centre are apparantly pretty good for cutting, do it properly, no chance of getting a dodgy romanian cut, and there are also some quite hot women in ther too.

It could be outside your budget though, although I can't imagine it being more than €25 for gents...

It was €27.50 for a gent's haircut which isn't too bad when you consider it includes "restyling". I think I might treat myself to it at some point.

:eek: €27.50 is a little too steep for me.

Regards,
    Wai Shing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Jesus guys buy yourself an electric razor from Argos and do it yourself......I haven't paid for a haircut in several years, saved a bundle and a razor doesn't mean that your hair style is restricted to "1 all over" either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There are several in the d15 area.

Roy's Barber Shop
    u1 Mountview s.c., Clonsilla, 15
    (01) 8200692

Cliffords Barbers
    5 Deanstown hse , Blanchardstown, 15
    (01) 8204506

Huntstown Barber Pinewood ct, Huntstown, 15
    (01) 8262641

http://www.dto-journeyplanner.ie/dtojp/jsp/content/start.do

will give you a map to them from the shoppiong centre.

• Advertisement

Jesus guys buy yourself an electric razor from Argos and do it yourself......I haven't paid for a haircut in several years, saved a bundle and a razor doesn't mean that your hair style is restricted to "1 all over" either.

It's really a matter of Time Vs. Money. Plus, if you make a balls of doing your own hair, there's the risk of having to do a "1 all over".

Regards,
    Wai Shing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Absolute best barbers in Dublin is 'Sams Barber Rooms' on the quays near ha'penny bridge...not exactly D15 but on the 37,38,39 & 70 route. €25 includes scalp massage

Advertisement