Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coming This Fall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

And FOX

http://www.fox.com/schedule/schedule_fall.htm

Arrested Development Returns good news

While 24 not back till Jan 2006

NBC's Surface looks like a copy of LOST as does CBS's Invasion. Or at least along the same lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Elmo wrote:
    NBC's Surface looks like a copy of LOST as does CBS's Invasion. Or at least along the same lines.
    Inevitable that we'd get a few Lost clones!

Also expect some rip-off's of 'Desperate Housewives' - 'Weeds' looks like it could be a contender for the first of them!

Weeds sound more along the lines of Arrested Development then DH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

oh ffs! :mad:

Fathom has been re-named Surface, looks like its lost the majority of the original's plot too

Whats Fathom?

Ming-na is in a new Doctors series will she be playing the same role that she played in ER?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

the O.C. woo

d4gurl wrote:
    the O.C. woo
    Can't say i concur with your enthusiasm! :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Elmo wrote:
    Whats Fathom?

Ming-na is in a new Doctors series will she be playing the same role that she played in ER?
    No.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460089/

And didn't she seem to leave ER abruptly this year? Killed her father then nothing heard of her since.
    She's also 42 which is unbelievable.

Yes she left abruptly. 42 wow.

Alex Kingston also left abruptly. They do that in ER alot.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Just watched a 7 min preview of UPN's "Everybody Hates Chris",looks very good,very funny preview. Ill be getting the show from my cousins to see if all of it is as good.

I might get Prison Break on Monday as well,it looks alright. Ghost Whisperer with Eskimo actor Jennifer Love Hewitt looked quite terribe from the 7 min preview I saw of that. I might go with the WB's Supernatural instead.

Anything else (new shows) you think I should check out? :D

According to CNN Everyone Hates Chris could be the next big thing on TV.

Well from the preview Id watch it for sure! Hopefully being on UPN won't hurt its chances of lasting a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Lmao :D

For anyone who has sky digital. A new show called Summerland is starting on Trouble channel 607! Its supposed to very good so lets see! its starting on the 9th of September!

Very good for the oc type audience...no offense...,i downloaded a few eps...meh,and further meh. There is a really hot surfer/lifeguard,and I wouldnt kick her out of bed :D also there is some dude from Home and Away in it,so that should tell you something.

tvnutz wrote:
    Very good for the oc type audience...no offense...,i downloaded a few eps...meh,and further meh. There is a really hot surfer/lifeguard,and I wouldnt kick her out of bed :D also there is some dude from Home and Away in it,so that should tell you something.

None taken :) Well i know that there is a really hot guy in it by the name of Jesse Mac Cartney!so thats always great!!

d4gurl wrote:
    None taken :) Well i know that there is a really hot guy in it by the name of Jesse Mac Cartney!so thats always great!!

ye...thats the main reason to watch (sarcasm!) :p lol even though the hot one is very hot,its still not enough to make me watch! and it im not mistake,isnt that guy is a pop group or something,and not an actor? :p

• Advertisement

Nope he's an actor - he did soaps but hes in Summerland hes one of the kids!he was in some looser band when he was 11. I know he has an album out at d mo! Its really good!lol! Somehow i dont see you liking it tho!

Somehow...? lol :D

each to his/her own...and please take no offence to my sig :D

tvnutz wrote:
    Somehow...? lol :D

each to his/her own...and please take no offence to my sig :D

I had never even noticed it till now! lmao!! :D Well as a girl I do tend to get offended when I hear that my role as a female is mere entertainment for males. But you were only quoting so hey no offence taken! :p

I do tend to get offended when I hear that my role as a female is mere entertainment for males

Uhhh a feminist uhhhh :D lol

sorry could resist that.

Back to the topic

Anyone have details on either TV3 or TG4? or C4?

Haven't found anything on the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DJTrey313

Can't wait for more Lost

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anybody else looking forward to Funland (BBC3)?

Elmo wrote:
    Uhhh a feminist uhhhh :D lol

sorry could resist that.

:rolleyes: lmao :p

Ok so got some details about the new season on TV3 from the newspapers

Ok so it the same stuff from ITV. Coro St Emmers Im a Celeb X factor etc etc.

Plus an Irish Chat show. Now they said last year that they where going to replace Dunphy with a half hour Daytime Chat show so this could be it. But I hope that it is a Prime Time show, in the add no name was given for the show so I am guessing that it won't happen until the new year but I could be wrong.

The add has their current TV3 logo which i beleive is changing but perhaps their just updating it with new Idents.

They will prob have more info on their website soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

It looks like Smallville and Joey are going to get owned up against Survivor and Alias.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Elmo wrote:

never mind

I think those links are in the wrong order. Sorry!

And TV3

http://www.tv3.ie/news58.htm

With a little more investment in Irish Productions for Prime Time. All I can say is Good Luck! They seem like they could have some Irish Hits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

It looks like Smallville and Joey are going to get owned up against Survivor and Alias.

It's a tough slot @ 8pm-9pm Thursdays alright

Survivor vs The O.C vs Joey + W&G vs Alias vs Smallville

I'd rather see 'Joey' and 'Will and Grace' tank over Smallville though! And I really don't want to see 'Everwood' get crushed on Thursdays either :(

Looking forward for my cousins to send me:

The Night Stalker (ABC)
    Invasion (ABC)
    Supernatural (WB)
    Prison Break (FOX)
    Surface (NBC)
    Threshold (CBS)
    Sex, Love and Secrets (UPN)
    Reunion (FOX)

That thursday night is a death night...smallville has gotten worse and worse so it would only be good if it tanked and this was the last season. The show im worried about is Everybody Hates Chris. The preview is hilarious and it looks great,but it is up against all those shows just mentioned. Not giving it much of a chance are they!?

Everyone Hates Chris could to well for UPN. And UPN won't be looking for the kind of viewers that NBC, FOX, CBS and ABC look for so Everyone Hates Chris might get more then one season also it might be picked up by another station e.g. Grounded For Life went from fox to the WB.

The same goes for Smallville which means it could be on for a while yet. Is Smallville still the WB's Number One show?

• Advertisement

Smallville has lost 50% of its viewers in the last 2 years,which makes sense since the last 2 seasons were terrible,but it was never the higest rated show. I believe that tripe 7th Heaven is the WB's top rated show and has been for several years.

And I do hope Everybody Hates Chris is given a chance anyway!

I believe that tripe 7th Heaven is the WB's top rated show and has been for several years.

:rolleyes:

I was watching that a few weeks ago and I just could stop laughing at how good they all where.

I was wondering if any of the actors keep a straight face after they finish a scene together, I know i would be in tears. :D

ye i know! lol its kind of like the brady bunch on prozac :D

Also watch the pilot of Supernatural in the link I gave in the other thread. It is very good.

TCamen wrote:
    It's a tough slot @ 8pm-9pm Thursdays alright

Survivor vs The O.C vs Joey + W&G vs Alias vs Smallville

I'd rather see 'Joey' and 'Will and Grace' tank over Smallville though! And I really don't want to see 'Everwood' get crushed on Thursdays either :(

Is this in Ireland on thursday nites or in the us?? if in Ireland do u kno wen d oc is premeiring ova here?

Its thursday in america.

• Advertisement

Smallville has lost 50% of its viewers in the last 2 years,which makes sense since the last 2 seasons were terrible,but it was never the higest rated show. I believe that tripe 7th Heaven is the WB's top rated show and has been for several years.

The differing ratings brackets allow The WB to say that '7th Heaven' has been their #1 show for 7 consecutive seasons since '98/'99, but I'm pretty sure in the '02/'03 season for S2 of 'Smallville', it was beating '7th Heaven' in the key 18-34 demographic.

For the season just gone, '04/'05 the following is from a WB press release:

7TH HEAVEN remains The WB's most-watched show (5.3 million) and ranks #2 or #3 among all series on The WB in every key female demos.

GILMORE GIRLS is The WB's second highest-rated show in adults 18-34, persons 12-34, women 18-34 women 12-34 and total viewers (4.8 million), and is the network's top-rated program among women 18-49 and adults 18-49.

ONE TREE HILL is The WB's highest rated program in adults 18-34, persons 12-34, women 18-34, and women 12-34.

SMALLVILLE is the network's top-rated series across all male demos.

So '7th Heaven' has the most viewers of ANY age, while 'One Tree Hill' has the most viewers of the desired 18-34 bracket and 'Smallville' has the most men of any age watching. Also, since '7th Heaven' is such a guilty pleasure, here's another great press release from The WB back in February when they renewed the series -

"The WB Network and Spelling Television's 7TH HEAVEN has earned an early 10th season pick-up, which will make it the longest-running family drama in television history. The previous record for longest-running family drama was shared by 7TH HEAVEN, “The Walton's” and “Little House on the Prairie,” which each aired for nine consecutive seasons. :D

anyone watch gilmore girls on chanel 190 on sky digital?

anyone watch gilmore girls on chanel 190 on sky digital?

Used to watch it on RTE but fell behind when they changed the slot a few times. It's starting from the beginning on Hallmark this Saturday/Sunday so I might jump back in once they get to S3 again.

its really good! changed a lot!! i jus watched the fifth season on hallmark so different!yeh damn rte grr

My thoughts (yes.. i know you're all dying to hear them!.. :rolleyes:):

I have to say... i was seriously impressed with 'Supernatural'

Good chemistry between the two leads.. some funny wisecracks here and there.. some genuine jumps / unsettling scenes and a kickass soundtrack with songs from ACDC, Green Day and Metallica in the first episode alone! :D

I'll definantly keep this one tracked! Definantly most impressive pilot i've seen in a while! Oh, and 'Prison Break' is quickly becoming phenomenal stuff also!

'Everybody Hates Chris' was pretty average to be honest. Basically an African American somewhat funnier version of 'Oliver Beene'.. but to be honest, all these jokes about family life while slumming it in these rundown areas has been done before over 5 years ago in 'The PJs'. I respect Chris Rock immensely but definantly needs more POP POP POP (to quote Chris Tucker.. :D)!

By Robert Bianco, USA TODAY
    Fri Sep 9, 7:06 AM ET

Boo!

Don't panic. TV's fall season isn't really frightening. There may not be any instant breakouts like Desperate Housewives and Lost; those kind of surf-the-zeitgeist hits are rare. But the six broadcast networks have come up with a better-than-average slate, with a number of shows that may find their way into your viewing schedule.

Just don't be surprised if a lot of those shows try to scare you.

If every season has its own tone, the dominant voice this year comes from the twilight zone. Of the 18 new scripted dramas, a full third have some supernatural connection. They vary in theme and intent, from beyond-the-grave uplift to horror-show jolts. But they share a serialized structure and a belief that viewers are suddenly interested in Lost-inspired ruminations about things beyond our ken.

The shows break into three groups:

• Countering specific threats to civilization. Outer-space interlopers in CBS' Threshold, undersea creatures in NBC's Surface and as-yet-unspecified invaders in ABC's Invasion.

• Hunting evil creatures who live among us. Heroes find a new one each week in WB's Supernatural and ABC's The Night Stalker.

• Helping the dead. The softest show in the group, CBS' Ghost Whisperer, has a psychic heroine who helps solve lingering problems that are keeping spirits tied to earth.

Why the sudden interest in the supernatural? In part, it represents the networks' never-ending search for something different, some next big thing that will catch viewers' fancy. Sci-fi, tinged with supernatural, is an under-represented genre. And the extended stories fit in with the networks' renewed interest in serials sparked by the success of 24, The O.C., Lost and Desperate Housewives.

Still, there does seem to be something spooky in the air. We live in troubled times, and in such times, writers have often turned to "monster stories" as allegories. It's just like all those Red-scare/space-race horror movies in the '50s, says Threshold executive producer David Goyer. They're a fictional safe harbor, a way to address current issues and concerns from a distance.

For viewers, of course, the main concern is whether the shows are any good. Three, Invasion, Threshold and Supernatural, are among the season's 10 best new shows. As for the others, let's just say .500 is an awfully good batting average.

You wouldn't expect all six to be great, would you? That would be so out-of-this-world, it'd be downright scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Anyone have any idea when the next season of scubs starts?

Lord Oz wrote:
    Anyone have any idea when the next season of scubs starts?
    More than likely January 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

is_that_so wrote:

Nope,those are repeats, the new season has not been given an air date yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement