Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coming This Fall

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry to move back onto this but reading up a lot of "Supernatural" and it's director, David Nutter...

.. this man has a fantastic CV! Below are just some of the things he's directed:
    # "Entourage" (2004) TV Series (episode 2.02 "My Maserati Does 185")
    # "Without a Trace" (2002) TV Series (episode 1.01 "Pilot") (episode 1.02 "Birthday Boy")
    # "Smallville" (2001) TV Series (episode 1.00 "Unaired Pilot") (episode 1.01 "Pilot")
    ... aka Smallville Beginnings (USA: rerun title)
    ... aka Smallville: Superman the Early Years (UK: promotional title)
    # "Band of Brothers" (2001) (mini) TV Series (part 4 "Replacements")
    # "Dark Angel" (2000) TV Series (pilot)
    ... aka James Cameron's Dark Angel (USA)
    # Dark Angel (2000) (TV)
    # "Roswell" (1999) TV Series (episode 1.1 "Pilot") (episode 1.2 "Morning After, The") (episode 1.8 "Blood Brother")
    ... aka Roswell High (UK) (USA: working title)
    # "The West Wing" (1999) TV Series (episode 3.11 "100, 000 Airplanes")
    # "Millennium" (1996) TV Series (episode 1.01 "Pilot") (episode 1.02 "Gehenna") (episode 1.05 "522666") (episode 1.12 "Loin like a Hunting Flame")
    # "ER" (1994) TV Series (episode "Hindsight") (episode "No Brain, No Gain") (episode "Partly Cloudy, Chance of Rain") (episode "Piece of Mind") (episode "Stuck on You")
    # "The X Files" (1993) TV Series (episode 1.08 "Ice") (episode 1.13 "Beyond the Sea") (episode 1.15 "Lazarus") (episode 1.19 "Shapes") (episode 1.21 "Tooms") (episode 1.23 "Roland") (episode 2.01 "Little Green Men") (episode 2.03 "Blood") (episode 2.07 "3") (episode 2.09 "Firewalker") (episode 2.13 "Irresistible") (episode 3.04 "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose") (episode 3.06 "2Shy") (episode 3.09 "Nisei") (episode 3.11 "Revelations")
    ... aka The X-Files (USA)
    Oh.. and the reason i've put those 3 X-Files episodes in bold is after watching the fantastic first 8 seasons again recently (haven't seen any of Season 9 yet), i just realised the man is my God... he's directed 3 of my favourite episodes of the series! 'Ice' being my all time favourite!

I've a feeling 'Supernatural' will last with this man behind the helm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Sorry to move back onto this but reading up a lot of "Supernatural" and it's director, David Nutter...

He's been the go-to guy for quite a while for series pilots. He also always seems to direct stuff I watch, so yay David Nutter. :D
    If every season has its own tone, the dominant voice this year comes from the twilight zone.

Scifi/horror always goes in cycles - I'm just glad it's back around again. I missed seeing new genre stuff the past few seasons. My favourite lineup of genre series was in '96/'97 with 'Millennium' and the NBC Saturday Night Thrillogy of 'Dark Skies', 'Profiler' and 'The Pretender'. So yay scary TV :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

basquille wrote:

.. this man has a fantastic CV! Below are just some of the things he's directed:

Oh.. and the reason i've put those 3 X-Files episodes in bold is after watching the fantastic first 8 seasons again recently (haven't seen any of Season 9 yet), i just realised the man is my God... he's directed 3 of my favourite episodes of the series! 'Ice' being my all time favourite!

I've a feeling 'Supernatural' will last with this man behind the helm!

Ye he seems to do a lot of pilots as well,I think he did the Jack and Bobby pilot last year as well. He is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

tvnutz wrote:
    Nope,those are repeats, the new season has not been given an air date yet.
    Are you sure? The NBC web site says that they are season 5 episodes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Any news on the Sopranos?
    Anyone got a link to the Everybody Hates Chris promo (assuming it's a freely distributable trailer)?
    Have any good new shows started yet (And don't say Weeds, it's muck)?

is_that_so wrote:
    Are you sure? The NBC web site says that they are season 5 episodes.

The NBS site is fairly dodgy at the best of times, but the two episodes mentioned there were shown in series four (and even have episode numbers beginning with 4).

Regarding a new season of 'Scrubs' - there's about 13 photos from the new season here. Gotta be the new season as i don't recognise the multiple JD's scene. And also Turk has his facial hair (goatee and slight beard) back. Not to mention Elliot looks extremely different!

So at least we know the new series is in production!

When it will air depends on 'My Name Is Earl' which is currently being aired in 'Scrubs' timeslot. A new comedy drama starring Jason Lee. Now i'm a massive Jason Lee fan but 'Scrubs' always comes first. And how successful 'My Name Is Earl' is may jeopardise the future of 'Scrubs' (as it isn't pulling in the viewers it used to!)

Any news on the Sopranos?
    Anyone got a link to the Everybody Hates Chris promo (assuming it's a freely distributable trailer)?

Its a 6 minute preview, on the official site.... www.upn.com

you should be able to find it from there!

With the exception of the excellent 'Prison Break' (watch it now!!), most series are starting in the next 2 - 3 weeks! See below for dates..

(in order of date..)

Prison Break (Fox) Aug. 29
    OC (Fox) Sept. 8
    Reunion (Fox) Sept. 8
    WWE Smackdown (UPN) Sept. 9
    America’s Most Wanted (Fox) Sept. 10
    Cops (Fox) Sept. 10
    American Dad (Fox) Sept. 11
    Family Guy (Fox) Sept. 11
    Simpsons (Fox) Sept. 11
    War at Home (Fox) Sept. 11
    Wife Swap (ABC) Sept. 12
    Biggest Loser (NBC) Sept. 13
    Bones (Fox) Sept. 13
    Gilmore Girls (WB) Sept. 13
    House (Fox) Sept. 13
    Supernatural (WB) Sept. 13
    Head Cases (Fox) Sept. 14
    Survivor (CBS) Sept. 15
    Living With Fran (WB) Sept. 16
    Reba (WB) Sept. 16
    Threshold (CBS) Sept. 16
    Twins (WB) Sept. 16
    What I Like About You (WB) Sept. 16
    Mad TV (Fox) Sept. 17
    King of the Hill (Fox) Sept. 18
    7th Heaven (WB) Sept. 19
    All Of Us (UPN) Sept. 19
    Arrested Development (Fox) Sept. 19
    CSI: Miami (CBS) Sept. 19
    Girlfriends (UPN) Sept. 19
    Half & Half (UPN) Sept. 19
    How I Met Your Mother (CBS) Sept. 19
    Just Legal (WB) Sept. 19
    Kitchen Confidential (Fox) Sept. 19
    Las Vegas (NBC) Sept. 19
    Medium (NBC) Sept. 19
    One on One (UPN) Sept. 19
    Out of Practice (CBS) Sept. 19
    Surface (NBC) Sept. 19
    King of Queens (CBS) Sept. 19
    Two and a Half Men (CBS) Sept. 19
    According to Jim (ABC) Sept. 20
    Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC) Sept. 20
    My Name Is Earl (NBC) Sept. 20
    NCIS (CBS) Sept. 20
    Office (NBC) Sept. 20
    America’s Next Top Model (UPN) Sept. 21
    Apprentice: Martha Stewart (NBC) Sept. 21
    CSI: NY (CBS) Sept. 21
    E-Ring (NBC) Sept. 21
    Invasion (ABC) Sept. 21
    Law & Order (NBC) Sept. 21
    Lost (ABC) Sept. 21
    Still Standing (CBS) Sept. 21
    Yes, Dear (CBS) Sept. 21
    Apprentice (NBC) Sept. 22
    Criminal Minds (CBS) Sept. 22
    CSI (CBS) Sept. 22
    Cuts (UPN) Sept. 22
    ER (NBC) Sept. 22
    Eve (UPN) Sept. 22
    Everybody Hates Chris (UPN) Sept. 22
    Joey (NBC) Sept. 22
    Love Inc. (UPN) Sept. 22
    Bernie Mac Show (Fox) Sept. 23
    Ghost Whisperer (CBS) Sept. 23
    Hope & Faith (ABC) Sept. 23
    Inconceivable (NBC) Sept. 23
    Killer Instinct (Fox) Sept. 23
    Malcolm in the Middle (Fox) Sept. 23
    Numb3rs (CBS) Sept. 23
    Supernanny (ABC) Sept. 23
    Three Wishes (NBC) Sept. 23
    48 Hours Mystery (CBS) Sept. 24
    60 Minutes (CBS) Sept. 25
    Blue Collar TV (WB) Sept. 25
    Charmed (WB) Sept. 25
    Cold Case (CBS) Sept. 25
    Crossing Jordan (NBC) Sept. 25
    Desperate Housewives (ABC) Sept. 25
    Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC) Sept. 25
    Grey's Anatomy (ABC) Sept. 25
    Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC) Sept. 25
    West Wing (NBC) Sept. 25
    Amazing Race (CBS) Sept. 27
    Boston Legal (ABC) Sept. 27
    Commander In Chief (ABC) Sept. 27
    Sex, Love & Secrets (UPN) Sept. 27
    George Lopez (ABC) Sept. 28
    Veronica Mars (UPN) Sept. 28
    Alias (ABC) Sept. 29
    Everwood (WB) Sept. 29
    Night Stalker (ABC) Sept. 29
    Smallville (WB) Sept. 29
    Will & Grace (NBC) Sept. 29
    Without a Trace (CBS) Sept. 29
    America's Funniest Home Videos (ABC) Oct. 2
    Close To Home (CBS) Oct. 4
    Rodney (ABC) Oct. 4
    Freddie (ABC) Oct. 5
    One Tree Hill (WB) Oct. 5
    Related (WB) Oct. 5
    Hot Properties (ABC) Oct. 7

• Advertisement

Great stuff, thanks. I just contacted my cable provider about the possibility of a private screening of Prison Break.

Everybody Hates Chris is in stupid Real Player :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

nice one, I was looking for just such a site :)
    for a second I was thinking 'strange, it doesn't mention the channel' and then I laughed at my own naïveté

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    Yep - tis excellent!

It stopped updating for a while.. but good to know it's back to normal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Elmo wrote:

I havn't seen the full episode yet,but I have to say the 7 minute preview was very very funny.

• Advertisement

I don't know... "Everybody Hates Chris" has promise but still stand by my above average review a page or so back!

Just tried to watch Bones - a new drama starring David Boreanez and Emily Deschenel (sister of the gorgeous Zooey, star of 'Elf' and 'Hitchhiker's Guide..' - mmmm!!).

I actually had to switch it off half way through as i was getting a headache at how atrocious it was. The acting and dialogue was just terrible... got very sick of this "i didn't understand any of that" sorta lines from David Boreanez. Might try to watch the rest of us later, but not on my To-Do list.

Shame cos some good music from Howie Day and Feeder lifted up otherwise a very boring pilot so far!

Herc from AICN.com gave the pilot 4 / 5 stars.. did he see the same pilot i did?! :eek:

basquille wrote:
    Just tried to watch Bones - a new drama starring David Boreanez and Emily Deschenel (sister of the gorgeous Zooey, star of 'Elf' and 'Hitchhiker's Guide..' - mmmm!!).

I actually had to switch it off half way through as i was getting a headache at how atrocious it was. The acting and dialogue was just terrible... got very sick of this "i didn't understand any of that" sorta lines from David Boreanez. Might try to watch the rest of us later, but not on my To-Do list.

Shame cos some good music from Howie Day and Feeder lifted up otherwise a very boring pilot so far!

Herc from AICN.com gave the pilot 4 / 5 stars.. did he see the same pilot i did?! :eek:

lol,it did sound kind of terrible,so I didn't bother getting it. Ill give the pilot a watch when it comes on tv. I want to give Invasion and Surface a try,see what they are like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

basquille wrote:
    Good chemistry between the two leads.. some funny wisecracks here and there.. some genuine jumps / unsettling scenes and a kickass soundtrack with songs from ACDC, Green Day and Metallica in the first episode alone! :D

Agree about the show. Those guys were particularly good in Gilmore Girls and Dark Angel/Smallville, so I had no doubts on the acting front. As for the music, haven't seen the pilot proper as aired on the WB yet - will have another look at the weekend - but I bet most of the music above is all chopped out for the pilot as aired. Screeners always use different music cos they don't need to licence it for such a limited audience.

As for other new shows - I hear "Weeds" is actually very good; haven't got around to watching it yet. Invasion and Threshold are very samey, but Surface is definitely innovative enough to stand out if they can follow up on Lost's lead-in audience and really make it a show to come back to (like Lost) week after week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bones wasn't a great pilot (story-wise), but I do think it has potential. Next weeks episode looks alot more interesting..... Boreanaz annoys the hell out of me, though...

The fact that Tempe Brennan (the lead character and basically an exceptional lab nerd) just happens to be an expert in martial arts and firearms had me thinking 'wtf?'. Her character is based on the literary character created by Kathy Reichs, but I haven't read any of her books.

For all I know, all the characters in the TV show are in the books, and "I don't know what that means" might be an 'hilarious' running joke.... :rolleyes:

I'll give it a chance, though... I like the idea behind it.

Advertisement