Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Licences

Options
  • 09-08-2005 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Where does one apply for an "off licence" licence??

And what is the approx. cost??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As I understand it you have to buy an existing one from someone else and get it renewed in court. You also need clearance from the Revenue Commissioners.

I get the impression licences are trading in the €100,000-150,000 bracket. The sting in the tail is that you might also have to buy the premises off the existing licence holder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ok I'm dragging this back up to see if anybody has any experiences with setting up an Off Licence and what sort of start up capital do you require? I have followed this up with the LVA and they said to talk to a solicitor but before I do that, just looking for experiences.

Thanks for the reply the last time Victor, I feel it would be better to buy the premises too as I feel renting is a waste of money. Renting might be a good idea at the start of operating but down the road, the rent is only going to increase.

Advertisement