Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wysiwyg

Options
  • 09-08-2005 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

Wondering which is the best whatyouseeiswhatyouget program for webdesign. Have to do up a website for a band and dont really have the time to learn dreamweaver. Hosting came with sitestudio but thats really bad!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

you can just use something like MS word which has a basic one, or the covers of magazines like .net offer free ones that are a few months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

pclancy wrote:
    Wondering which is the best whatyouseeiswhatyouget program for webdesign. Have to do up a website for a band and dont really have the time to learn dreamweaver. Hosting came with sitestudio but thats really bad!
    Mozilla do a product called Composer for free. Probably worth checking out in your position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Have a look at www.NVU.com

It's open source (free) and fairly easy to work with.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

astec123 wrote:
    you can just use something like MS word which has a basic one, or the covers of magazines like .net offer free ones that are a few months old.
    Stay the hell away from Word!
    A simple file with "Hello World" (see attached) on the page takes 61 lines of code which fails validation (with assumed HTML 4.01 transitional doctype) [5 errors]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I agree ^

It is not designed for making websites. Dreamweaver isn't that hard to learn really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

kbannon wrote:
    A simple file with "Hello World" (see attached) on the page takes 61 lines of code which fails validation (with assumed HTML 4.01 transitional doctype) [5 errors]
    LOL :D
    tbh I think notepad is the best thing microsoft ever made for site building.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

kbannon wrote:

haha, my first website was done in word about 8 years ago. <pre> tags everywhere!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

LOL :D
    tbh I think notepad is the best thing microsoft ever made for site building.

Totally Agrees :D

Dreamweaver, Frontpage (excuse while I be sick) are WYSIWYG editors - sort of...

You could allways use Amaya, Firefox (As stated) or use notepad.

Advertisement