Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need broadband for gaming

• 09-08-2005 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Here is the score.

I live in south Drogheda. My telephone line fails eircom line test.

I have phone watch, and an LCD phone(not sure but heard this might make a difference). Also a 56k modem plugged in.

Is there anyway any of the above can effect an aircom line test.

Also is there any wireless options for gaming??

Any help would be great, I've been holding way too many BattleField2 LAN sessions in my house..

Anybody interested in LAN Sessions near Drogheda give me a shout aswell.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've heard stories before that a sheep farting in the Wicklow mountains can effect Eircon line tests to be honest ...

Try having just one device plugged in at the time (a normal Eircon issued phone) and give them a ring and ask them to run a test ?

I don't know if IBB is available in Drogheda, but don't get it if you plan on Gaming, at least not at the moment anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Phonewatch I believe affects the line test. Try ringing them up and telling them you have this and ask them to carry out the test rather then relying on the result your getting from the website test. I live in south Drogheda and there should there should be very few lines that can't carry Broadband. Have recently given up the lan parties since I got BB in. You'll find yourself doing the same. It's just too much hassle in moving computers etc....

Bubonicus, PM sent to you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

email phil nolan. He'll do his best to sort you out (ie. fix your problem - not send the mafia around to your house :) )

phil.nolan@eircom.ie

Phil Nolan won't help you out. Your mail will just get forwarded to customer service and they will deal with it. You are as well to contact customer service directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yes, but it will get forwarded internally from Phil to the customer service guys. The email will mean a lot more that way and it will get sorted out a lot faster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Lister PM back at ya. CHEEERS

I'll send an email to that dude aswell? Cheers Murderer

Advertisement