Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oct 14th seriously good day.....

Options
  • 09-08-2005 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Serious Sam 2 Dated - Coop Support Announced [August 09, 2005, 11:13 am EDT] - 12 Comments
    Take 2 Germany has posted a release date for Serious Sam 2, listing October 14 as when to expect the upcoming follow-up to Croteam's rapid-fire shooter. Thanks SeriousSamFr. Also, publisher 2K Games reveals that the game will feature the oft-requested support for cooperative multiplayer action. There are new multiplayer screenshots on ToTheGame, and here's word:

2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced the exciting multiplayer features of Serious Sam II. The multiplayer features in Serious Sam II will allow for full co-operative gameplay on both PC and the Xbox® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The PC version will allow up to eight gamers to fight their way through the complete game via LAN and online, with the Xbox version allowing up to four players via Xbox Live or system link.

Hmmmmm Sam in Coop.......

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Thought this was cancelled ages ago :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

always had great fun with the co-op mode of the 2 sam games. Can't wait to play this in co-op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

I have been much advised to play these but never got round to it. Good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Great fun. Sam I am!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have been much advised to play these but never got round to it. Good?

First one is quite good but really needs to be played in co-op. 2nd one is a better single player game and even better in co-op. They are the closest to Doom 2 that any modern game has come (but still prefer Doom 2).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

<3 Serious Sam

I really like the engine the game has. I mean it looks decent and can render hundreds of enemies while maintaining a decent fps. This new one should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sam 1 & 2 were fantastic.... Like Retr0 said, closest thing to the Doom games, but with huge open areas. I still remember that point about halfway through the first game where you hear gallopping noises coming from around the corner ahead. You turn the corner to see HUNDREDS of Kleer Skeletons heading straight for you... Change of trousers, please.

They can be picked up really cheap now too. Must see if I can dig them up - haven't played them for ages.

Advertisement