Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive problems with Esat BT broadband

• 09-08-2005 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone else in the Clonee/Dublin 15 area has had big rpoblems with BT Broadband/broadband plus in the last few weeks? I have not had any broadband for the last five weeks now. Tech support sent me out a new modem which hasn't fixed the issue either. I have changed my netwrok cable, phone cable, everything, but i am still failing the ATM loopback test which (i understand) means that a packet of data can't get from me to the server and vice versa. Its the same on my PC and my XBOX too, excpet my xbox just says it can't resolve the DNS address.

Does anyone out there have any software to give more info on an ATM loopback test fail? Or has anyone else in Clonee had the same issue in recent weeks? at the moment, BT tell me if they can't get itfixed by the end of the week i will have to find another broadband provider, and they say they can't send anyone out to look at the problem as it is probably Eircom's fault at the exchange or damage on my line ... very perplexing since i have had the broadband working at 1800up/200down for over a year! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Are you sure you have had 1800up/200down for over a year???

BT Plus is rated at 2Mb/128k which would be closer to 1800up/100down.

Your problem appears to be physical....which means eircom are at fault....so dial 1901 and demand an explanation.
    If you can still make/receive calls then its probable the DSL connection at the exchange at fault and not the actual line.

More info please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

really riduculus really. can you get smart or ntl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 A O Malley

I am getting the ATM loopback test fail since today, is it a issue with IOL or With the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

A O'Malley, are you living out in Clonee as well? In the Bramblefields estate by any chance? ;)

Zuma, yep, i have been getting decent enuff up speeds as well... well, there is still some lag when i am playing some games on xboxlive, but it is acceptable enuff on most things.

the tech support lads in Esat BT have ordered three line checks which have all come back as OK, also, they have told me to do a 15 minute reset on the line by plugging everything out and letting it disconnected for 15 mins to reset the voltages on the line. tried this but no luck. :(

i am at the end of my tether, and if they send me a bill for broadband for the last five weeks i am going straight to comreg with a complaint. :mad:

vishal, i can get ntl in my area so might swap to them, are they any good? 3mb service looks quite decent for €45 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I had an ATM failure but it was because Eircom cut my line off (stupid) because they thought I didnt pay line rental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

my friend kept failing the loopback test when he first got broadband. try unplugging all your phonnes from the sockets for 15 mins. it resets the line. fixed it for him

Advertisement