Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bleeding

• 09-08-2005 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

im well aware this is not a medical board, but I just would like to know if this has happened to anyone else. After I had sex with my boyfriend today i noticed some blood on the condom-it was a little energetic, but I have had worse. now the bleeding hasnt stopped. its not heavy or anything. I am not due my period or I dont have any sti's as I ALWAYS use protection, and Im in a long term faithful relationship.
    I am going to see the doctor but cant get an appointment til Friday. But Im a little worried about waiting that long.
    What Im really trying to say-has anyone else experienced this, and is it really a cause for so much worry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Cystitis maybe. You don't get it from unprotected sex or anything. It's caused by friction I think. Do you feel like you need to take a whizz when you don't?

I had it once and if it goes untreated can be very painful but it's cleared up easily enough with oral medication.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Go to a doctor.
    Ring your GP and make it apparent that you have an immediate concern that you want to discuss with them. Irrespective of whether they have an appointment slot or not- they will see you.
    If for some reason you can't do this- there are a number of call-in clinics that you can just turn up to- e.g. on Dame Street across from the central bank- there is a morning-after clinic, but they also have a doc present for other medical ailments. Check that they have a doctor on duty, its normally well advertised- they usually do.

Do get it checked out, its better to be safe than sorry.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Billi

dont worry to much, it could be something as simple as a yeast infection. speaking from experience a yeast infection can cause you to bleed intermittently after your period (and sex), of course it could just be put down to the fact that it was 'energetic' :) you might have just been irritated/scratched by the condom

as above posts though, see your doctor for piece of mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Perhaps it was just that things were as you put it 'a little energetic'.
    It's happened to me & if it stops by itself, i wouldn't worry too much.
    Still if you *are* worried, keep that appointment with the doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

There are walk in clincs and doctors around if you are really worried. Theres a pretty good doctor on Wicklow Street (in the same building as the secret bookstore), or else theres the well women clinics, however I havent used these myself so I aint to sure...but theres also a walk in doctors clinic in Rathmines that I've used in emergencies before and they're pretty good there too, just walk in, and ask "HELP!", and I'm sure they'll fix you good :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

nobody in here can tell you what you want to know.
    we are not doctors
    B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement