Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering multiple European TLDs

Options
  • 09-08-2005 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice on where is the best place to register multiple European top level domains eg: .co.uk, .de, .fr etc etc.

From my googling, on face value eurodns.com seems good.

I usually use Godaddy.com for my .com and .co.uk domains. They are cheap, and have a user friendly online control panel.

I need to register as many as these as possible on all possible European TLDs.

I would be interested to hear the thoughts of those that have had experience with doing this in with multuple euro tld's in terms of price, customer service, ease of the registration process etc. An online control panel for changing DNS settings etc (like godaddy.com) would be a big advantage - dont want to have to pick up the phone to make these changes.

I realise there will be complications with paperwork for some domains. This is for a registered Irish company.

Thoughts and feedback on specific suppliers most welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

I use webhost.ie - most of them are around 9euro and you have a control panel for dns forwarding etc. Best to chat to them if you want to register a multiple order in one go - you can negotiate a price then.

I've used there services for going on over 3 years now and never had any bother and most tld's I register are live inside 24 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It depends on who you want to deal with.

Only a couple of companies in Ireland handle more than your standard com/net/org/info/biz and .ie

The restrictions vary from country to country and EuroDNS's pricing on some ccTLDs is not that attractive.

France and Spain, for example, are more complicated than .it

smeggle - he asked about European domains. Webhost.ie don't do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

thanks - looking at their site they do not advertise the fact that they do European TLD's (.fr, .de, .ch, .at, .se, etc etc) - all of which I need, and then some. Can you confirm they can do this or did you misunderstand my query ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

blacknight have let me down on this - they are not answering my emails since first telling me they could do this for me.

Can someone please recommend another provider for the full list of European TLDs that you know will handle my purchase request fast ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

m_stan wrote:
    blacknight have let me down on this - they are not answering my emails since first telling me they could do this for me.

Can someone please recommend another provider for the full list of European TLDs that you know will handle my purchase request fast ?
    Some of the European ccTLDs require a physical presence or substantive business connection with the country to get a domain. Others, such as .uk are deregulated. I think France also has some restrictions. Basically you may have to play this on a ccTLD by ccTLD basis. Few if any Irish hosters operate in all of Europe's ccTLDs.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement