Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying as hell Sims 2 problem

Options
  • 09-08-2005 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Firstly, I regularly play Soldier of Fortune 2, Battlefield Vietnam, Half Life 2, Doom 3 and the likes on my computer, all with ease. When I quit the games, I exit to the good old desktop without any issues.

However, whenever my sister quits Sims 2, the computer chokes up, and makes strange grinding noises and stutterings for about 5 entire minutes after exiting to the desktop, during which period the computer acts like a 166mhz P1, even though the CPU usage is reported as normal, in and around 8%

Anyone shed some light on this bizarre problem? Extremely annoying when I'm trying to use the computer after her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

get a new sister

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

lmao tman.
    Try checking the Processes tab when you Ctrl Alt Delete. Something may not have closed correctly. Patch it if there is/needs one. Im stumped after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye. or just be lazy like me and do a quick log off and back on. that usually kills most memory hogging processes.

Advertisement