Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mgs 3 .....

Options
  • 09-08-2005 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

only recently bought this and was cracking up last night trying to get past The Sorrow ... hadn't a clue what to do and took me well over an hour before i copped on how to proceed ... anyone else had a problem like this with a MGS Boss or Boss in another game ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Same here bud. Was the third try before I whipped out the codec and tried to get some info that way, which worked.

I was cursing at it like there was no tomorrow. Really frustrating bit altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭ExOffender

Confess I was stumped by The Sorrow until I cracked out the Piggyback guide.
    Solidus from MGS2 has always seemed like the ultimate David-Goliath thing to me. I mean, this guy's a clone of Big Boss, he's got a full-metal bodysuit that shoots flames and can propel him around the room at crazy speeds, two octopus arms, and guided missiles. And you've got... a sword. Oh, and he's got two swords. It wasn't that tough a fight in fairness, but all that 'What's wrong with you?' and 'Is that the best you can do?' stuff kinda got on my tits. My granny would have a fair enough chance in that get-up, y'know? But then of course, you remember that it's just a game, etc...
    The Fury was really annoying, like the Vulcan Raven fight in MGS, but with f*cking awkward camera angles. Then I discovered his major weakness... the knife. Seriously. It creams him.
    Overall my favourite fight in the entire series so far is the one with The End. Pure quality, and for the real acid-test confine yourself to true sniping, none of that sneaky-uppy stuff.

ExOffender wrote:
    Confess I was stumped by The Sorrow until I cracked out the Piggyback guide.
    Solidus from MGS2 has always seemed like the ultimate David-Goliath thing to me. I mean, this guy's a clone of Big Boss, he's got a full-metal bodysuit that shoots flames and can propel him around the room at crazy speeds, two octopus arms, and guided missiles. And you've got... a sword. Oh, and he's got two swords. It wasn't that tough a fight in fairness, but all that 'What's wrong with you?' and 'Is that the best you can do?' stuff kinda got on my tits. My granny would have a fair enough chance in that get-up, y'know? But then of course, you remember that it's just a game, etc...
    The Fury was really annoying, like the Vulcan Raven fight in MGS, but with f*cking awkward camera angles. Then I discovered his major weakness... the knife. Seriously. It creams him.
    Overall my favourite fight in the entire series so far is the one with The End. Pure quality, and for the real acid-test confine yourself to true sniping, none of that sneaky-uppy stuff.

With hindsight that game nearly gave me so many controller tantrums. The Fury was boring I thought.

The End was allright but it took so long to beat him, the fact that he didn't miss could get annoying but it was a great fight. Luckily I managed to shotgun the fupper.

I liked The Fear and The Boss, especially the way the music kicks in at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Have you ever tried that boss on harder or worse? Mental.

As for the 3 ones , I kinda knew already from another source with kinda ruined a bit of the fun for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

well in mgs what ****ed me over was mantis he was really annoying, between blowing up c4 and dodging bullets it was hard. One thing that puzzled me was the black screen with hideo on it..? rather odd!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

j0e wrote:
    well in mgs what ****ed me over was mantis he was really annoying, between blowing up c4 and dodging bullets it was hard. One thing that puzzled me was the black screen with hideo on it..? rather odd!

The black screen was the chance for you to change the controller. It was also there to make you think the tv station had changed due to mantis' powers.

I have to say that the bosses in the metal gear games have all been a pleasure. The best was definitely the fight with psycho mantis followed by the sniper fight with the End.

The Sorrow did give me nightmares. Had to restart it a fair few times until I copped it. Most annoying thing was that I had gone on a killing spree through much of the game :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Ah the best really has to be the Rays from 2. Get into the rhythm of it and you could fight them for days.

Havent played 3 myself, any PC release dates?

grimloch wrote:
    With hindsight that game nearly gave me so many controller tantrums.

Yeah. Can't wait for Subsistence. Just got a 'back of the lorry' copy of Substance, it's sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

The Sorrow drove me mad. You have all your items and weapons when you face him, so I was trying ever gun and item to try and do something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

I finally threw my paddle down in anger when facing The Sorrow. The End is one of the best ever. Mantis wasn't that hard even with his powers. There were never really any good boss fights in MGS2 to tell you the truth.

• Advertisement

Vamp with the sniper?

But suppose the rest werent great :(

Vamp with the sniper?

But suppose the rest werent great :(

That fight could go too wrong too easily for it to be amusing. I liked the fight with him in the pool room but the fights in that game were mediocre enough.

I hated the poolroom! Ran out of grenade ammo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Illuvatar wrote:
    I finally threw my paddle down in anger when facing The Sorrow. The End is one of the best ever. Mantis wasn't that hard even with his powers. There were never really any good boss fights in MGS2 to tell you the truth.
    My favourite Boss fight in MGS2 was probably the shoot out with Olga. The fight with Solidus was very cool, but the one with Olga was probably my favourite for gameplay.

Eh? The fights in 2 were less innovative, I'll grant you, but overall I found them no less entertaining.

Advertisement